View job on Handshake
At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design, and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns and megacities. And we live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmith’s shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
This position is on a part time, flexible work arrangement. The arrangement may be delayed for training or other job acclimation purposes and remains subject to change. Core hours are 6 a.m.- 10 a.m. CST Monday through Friday. This position is typically 20- 30 hours a week.
As a Team Leader for John Deere Davenport Works located in Davenport, Iowa, you will have the opportunity to join a group of highly- skilled professionals leading a production team to execute on our safety, quality, delivery and efficiency goals through Continuous Improvement (CI) plans and activities. This position is an unique chance to work part time Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. CST, supporting our Loader division. In addition, you will:
- Deliver results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching and setting high standards on performance, policies, and procedures
- Elevate our safety culture through effective communications, leading by example, driving engagement in the Safety and Ergonomic Risk Assessment (SERA) process, prompt near miss reporting and a focus on implementing quick, thorough safety corrective actions
- Maintain Distinctive Product Quality by monitoring control plans, troubleshooting workmanship problems and supervising production activities to ensure manufactured products meet or exceed all established quality requirements
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational abilities
- Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions
- Excellent interpersonal, coaching and communication skills
- Self- motivated with a results- driven approach
- Ability to work Monday through Friday, from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. CST
- Ability to work a minimum of 20 hours a week, with the opportunity to work up to 35- 40 hours a week on occasion
What Makes You Stand Out
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement (CI) processes, lean manufacturing and 5S
- Highly successful experience supervising a union work force or similar responsibilities or experiences, such as participation in a Production Supervisor Experience Program or Module Leader Replacement Program
- Experience with wage/union employee policies, practices, procedures, Continuous Improvement Pay Plan (CIPP) administration and work rules
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline or 3 or more years of related work experience
If you are moving to an area where housing and general expenses are significantly more expensive than at your departure location, the Company may provide a transitional benefit to help offset these costs for a specified period of time as a part of the relocation package. The Company will notify employees of their eligibility for this benefit based on a calculation provided by Runzheimer International. The calculation is based on a comprehensive assessment of all living cost variables and specific individual characteristics.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.