As a Production Supervisor– Variable Shift for John Deere Parts Distribution Center located in Milan, IL, you will supervise and lead the development and execution of departmental plans to achieve objectives in safety, quality, efficiency and continuous improvement. In addition, you will:
- Administer employee policies, practices, procedures, and work rules appropriate for the unit; monitor individual and departmental performance and take corrective action including discipline, as needed and respond to complaints to ensure the Company and employees adhere to policies, practices, procedures and work rules.
- Foster a positive work environment through good and clear communication practices; ensure that assigned personnel have appropriate training, work instructions and tools to successfully do their job.
- Monitor Control Plans, troubleshoot quality problems and generally supervise production activities to ensure that outbound and inbound shipments meet or exceed all established quality requirements utilizing DNS and WCS Warehousing operations systems.
- Determine work priorities based on the production schedule and make daily assignments including filling vacancies and assigning overtime to adhere to departure deadlines.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Ability to work multiple shifts and work overtime as required, including some weekend work
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with both salary and wage personnel
- 1 or more years of experience utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- 1 or more years of experience in warehouse distribution and material flow processes
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience supervising or leading a team
- Working knowledge of the Continuous Improvement Process (CI) and 5S methodology
- Experience with an incentive pay system such as CIPP (Continuous Improvement Pay Plan) and work measurement
- Experience with capacity and manpower planning
- Experience using statistical tools and techniques for quality management
- Knowledge or work experience in project management
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design, and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns and megacities. And we live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmith’s shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.