Find what drives you on a team with a more than 70-year history of discovery, determination, and innovation. As a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, Pall Corporation thrives on helping our customers protect people. Our products serve a wide range of markets, so if your interests lie along the spectrum of Life Sciences to Industrial, you’ll find a rewarding role here. For the exponentially curious, Pall is a place you can thrive and amplify your impact on the world.
Pall is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
The Production Supervisor manages Value Stream Cell operations in directing, managing, planning, and coordinating on time and on budget assembly of products on the production floor to meet labor, material, quality, and schedule requirements and plans.
Knowledge of business and management principles including Lean manufacturing, continuous improvement methodologies, coaching, mentoring and management of direct reports.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to:
- Supervise daily manufacturing operations in assigned value stream(s) to meet production requirements and to deliver quality products to customers in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Manage the use of resources and raw materials in the most efficient and productive manner possible to meet operating plan and budgetary commitments.
- Ensure compliance with all Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) rules, product documentation, specifications, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and customer requirements as required.
- Work closely with Production Planners; oversee stockroom activities and transactions, and work order close out.
- Work effectively with Quality Assurance and Shipping departments to coordinate timely shipment of products.
- Integrate Danaher Business System (DBS) into value stream operations including updating production charts (Visual Management tools), report production metrics and activities, team goals and countermeasures to management during Daily Management meetings, and associate training.
- Support and emphasize Safety and Quality commitments of the value stream – make decisions concerning these commitments within the area.
- Assist in the recruitment and onboarding of new hires.
- Identify, facilitate, and verify appropriate training for associates in the area.
- Manage associate performance and development including recognition, feedback, corrective / disciplinary actions, training, and developmental processes, and daily attendance.
- Support Talent Management goals; conduct recognition and disciplinary actions for associates.
This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, protected person status, or U.S. Government export authorization is required. Any offer of employment is contingent upon Pall obtaining the necessary employment visa and export authorization, including, if required, an export license from the applicable U.S. government agency.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or engineering discipline with a preference of 2 years of manufacturing experience or a minimum preference of 5 years of manufacturing experience.
- Prefer 2 years of managing/supervising a team within a manufacturing setting including talent acquisition, talent development, and performance management (i.e. disciplinary actions, coaching, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a manufacturing plant setting.
- Knowledge of manufacturing tools and equipment.
- Strong professional writing skills and ability to prepare technical reports.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills with all levels of the organization
- Ability to understand GMPs and other regulatory guidelines applicable to the aerospace industry.
- Strong assessment and troubleshooting skills.
- Work in and facilitate a team-oriented environment.
- Collect and analyze data and information to determine paths for process improvement and potential root cause/corrective actions in the case of exceptions.
- Ability to respond to detailed inquiries, and present information to groups and senior management.
- May be required to supervise multiple groups.
- Must be proficient in computer skills to access production information as required.
- Enterprise software experience (i.e. SAP) preferred.
- Must have experience in MS Excel and MS Word.
Physical / Safety Requirements
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required.
- Position requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Required Lifting Weight: Up to 30 lbs. Lifting Frequency: Daily.
- Bend, lift, sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to interface well with other departments and lead effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Interact with all levels of personnel to analyze and solve problems related to manufacturing, Quality, documentation, and personnel issues.
- Evaluating various stations of the production operation to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Organizing, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks to meet production goals.
- Duties may require working nights and weekends.
- Ensuring compliance with safety and professional standards within a facility.
- Maintaining communication between employees and senior executives to ensure procedures and policies are well-understood.