Your role at Clorox:
Product Supply Internship Manufacturing – June 2022 – December 2022
In this role, you will:
The Clorox Product Supply Organization (PSO) is a diverse & inclusive global community of empowered people. We pride ourselves on being the guardian of the consumer and strive to be best in class in delivering safety, end to end supply chain solutions, enabling innovation and daily execution of the business plans. PSO is comprised of operational and support organizations focusing on buying, making & shipping products for our variety of well-known brands.
The Product Supply – Manufacturing Track Internship is a 6 month program that will use a combination of Engineering, Accounting and Organizational tools to drive the improvement/optimization of various departments – location TBD.
Work will be divided between the Engineering, Operations, Training and Qualification and the HR departments. The individual will plan and lead small to medium size projects that include the integration of outside technical resources where appropriate. Assignments for this position emphasize manufacturing systems analysis, Voice of the Customer (VOC), equipment design, change management, project management and project execution. The position interacts on a daily basis with our departments, corporate engineering and internal/external project teams. Excellent two-way communication skills are required to support the needs of these departments & teams.
This position is looking for an individual to fill a key developmental role in our plant. This individual will be responsible for aiding with capital projects, developing technical guidance, conduct energy and machinery audits, and contributing to our culture of safety. Projects will be focused on safety, quality, efficiency, improvement methods, and cost reductions pertaining to our World Class Operation (WCO). Interaction with plant operations, engineers from other plants, contractors, and corporate engineering should be expected and will provide good networking opportunities.
- Participate on teams, help Lead, Coach and Develop team members and associates to ensure support for projects and initiatives.
- Day to day contact with both internal and external associates.
- Daily Operations Support – Support of the assigned areas (emphasis on Safety/Quality), production data analysis, participate in daily technical meetings and assist/lead the development of action plans to address chronic issues.
Drive Plant metrics to glide path:
- Meet all plant and company metric goals for Safety, Quality, Efficiency and Costs
- Drive technical improvements and maintenance upgrades
- Ensure Operational Readiness requirements are met on all projects
- Active participant in Reliability Improvement Meetings for the assigned area
- Analyze plant LEDS, SAP and other data to determine priorities for improvement efforts and build teams to address the issues
- Lead improvement efforts to eliminate chronic losses in the manufacturing systems
Project Engineering –
- Develop detailed scopes of work, hold bid meetings and develop Capital/Expense cost estimates
- Execute projects with excellence and close out projects in a timely manner
- Manage small to medium (usually less than $500,000) capital and maintenance improvement projects
Key Skills, Abilities and Experience Required
- Prior internship experience preferred but not required
- Attention to detail
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be highly motivated and assertive with a strong commitment to success. Self-starter with “Can Do” attitude
- Demonstrated ability to try new ideas
- Demonstrated safety awareness and priority
- Ability to accept guidance and learn from experiences
- Hands on, should expect ~50% of time to be spent on the floor
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Must have good people skills and be team-oriented (member/leader). Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Manufacturing experience desired
- High Speed Manufacturing experience is a plus
What we look for:
- Currently enrolled in a 4 year related degree program at a University
- Currently pursuing a degree in Engineering, Sciences, Technology, and Management, or Relevant field of study
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA or higher
- No Visa Sponsorship
- Class Standing Required — Junior/Senior
- Offers of employment are contingent upon proof of the applicant’s legal right to work and be employed in the United States
We seek out and celebrate diverse backgrounds and experiences, and we know you don’t need a degree to succeed. We’re looking for fresh perspectives, a desire to bring your best, and a non-stop drive to keep growing and learning.
Benefits we offer to help you be well and thrive:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous 401(k) program in the US and similar programs in international
- Health benefits and programs that support both your physical and mental well-being
- Flexible work environment, depending on your role
- Meaningful opportunities to keep learning and growing
- Half-day Fridays, depending on your location
Please apply directly to our job postings and do not submit your resume to any person via text message. Clorox does not conduct text-based interviews and encourages you to be cautious of anyone posing as a Clorox recruiter via unsolicited texts during these uncertain times.