View job on Handshake
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
Our team is working on advanced communication systems to help connect everyone to everything around the globe. Viasat’s Supply Chain team is continuously finding solutions to obtain best-in-class high technology products used to build the world’s fastest satellite internet services.
As part of the team, you will help lead the strategies for the procurement of specialized product categories as well as commercially available off the shelf products. You’ll partner with other functional departments to establish project objectives and resolve key issues as you work on complex projects that require the use of detailed analysis and standard methodologies of procurement activities.
Our ideal candidate will have the ability to work across all levels within Viasat as well as with our external suppliers to execute and communicate key Supply Chain activities. Flexibility to work with a variety of commodities as well as the ability to adapt to a constantly evolving business landscape is a must.
As a Viasat Procurement Specialist, you will work closely with external suppliers and internal cross-functional partners in Supply Chain, Program Management, Engineering, Finance and more to ensure achievement of central initiatives on Government and Commercial programs.
- Manage the procurement lifecycle of assigned programs (issue Purchase Orders, quotes, monitor supplier deliveries)
- Establish and maintain effective strategic supplier relationships
- Negotiate and administer best terms with suppliers that include cost, quality, and delivery to support program requirements
- Provide as the Procurement focal point for assigned commodities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Supply Chain, Industrial and Operations, Business or related field
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite of business software (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation skills including the ability to present to Sr. Managers
- Analytical skills to collect and evaluate Supply Chain metrics (Supplier Performance, Cost Variance, On Time Delivery, etc.)