View job on Handshake
At Pacific Seafood, we do more than just provide the world with the healthiest proteins on the planet. We cultivate a work environment that listens to our team members, nurtures potential, embraces diversity, and values innovative thinking. As a leader in the seafood industry, we know that the key to our success is based on the commitment to excellence displayed by each of our team members.
Will be responsible for analyzing and recommending improvements for our facility located in South Bend, WA. Reporting directly to the Process Improvement manager, they will be part of a team of professionals across the organization identifying and implementing quantifiable improvements throughout the organization.
· Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Teamwork and Excellence) and promote teamwork at all times.
· Partner with team members in operations to develop an understanding of the entire seafood supply chain, associated process flows, and costing models through hands-on experience, observation and analysis.
· Assess the effectiveness and efficiency of processes (including the use of continuous improvement, project management and change management practices).
· Document current-state processes and prepare future-state project proposals, summaries and performance measurements.
· Observe and analyze distribution center operations using various process improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, Lean, or TQM, etc.) and make recommendations which lead to efficiency gains, expense reduction, improved quality, and service enhancements.
· Develop systems and processes for finding efficiencies, identifying process waste and person/process idle points.
· Create monitoring tools and processes to measure and document KPI performance, efficiency gains and cost savings of process improvement recommendations.
· Prepare project overview and present findings to executive leadership.
· Perform other duties, as assigned.
What You Bring to Pacific Seafood:
· Pursuit of an Operations Management or related undergraduate/graduate degree.
· Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
· Prior work experience in related field.
· Strong math and cost modeling experience.
· Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite, primarily, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Targeted graduation date of June 2023 or earlier.