Purpose of the Position
To support the growth and expansion of its platform, Atwater seeks to recruit an Analyst in the Growth and Private Equity team. The successful candidate will focus on supporting all aspects of deal sourcing, execution and post-investment activities of the firm, both domestic and cross-border. Strong analytical skills are critical for this position.
- Assist senior team leads in all aspects of strategic, operational and financial due diligence for new investment opportunities.
- Perform financial modelling, cash flow analysis, market data research and business case analysis, support and manage due diligence processes, underwriting analysis, assist in the preparation of internal documentation and investment committee memos.
- Articulate investment theses in both formal presentations and more informal discussions and communicate with investment professionals throughout the firm.
- Play an active role in portfolio company monitoring and value creation, including supporting the execution of any add-on acquisitions, attend and prepare for portfolio company board presentations, and work closely with portfolio company CFO and other senior management team members.
- Assist in regular fund reporting and investor presentations.
Experience and Professional Qualifications
- BA/BS in Business Economics, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- Accounting Minor strongly preferred
- High proficiency in MS Word, Power Point and Excel
- Demonstrated track record of academic success
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong, demonstrable analytical capabilities, including strong quantitative/modeling skills
- Self-starter mentality with the ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Team player and strong work ethic