This position is responsible for driving and executing the strategic vision for T-Mobiles product and service pricing portfolio. In collaboration with marketing teams, it develops and manages pricing initiatives for all business segments, and secures approval for pricing proposals from executive leadership. The position supports the firm’s growth and profitability goals by providing post-launch analysis, portfolio reviews and competitive landscape evaluation. It continuously assesses threats/opportunities and develops strategic competitive responses for the firm. We are responsible for the “business case” for all customer facing offers and products that is used to drive launch decisions. The “business case” includes not just the economic model of a proposed offer/product with its associated pricing, but also the logic and rationale for the proposal and an assessment of key alternatives and trade-offs. Although we are the primary owners of pricing, we typically leverage our knowledge and expertise to provide recommendations for products and offer design as part of our support model. We are an enterprise function charged with maximizing enterprise value.
What you’ll do in your role.
- Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership
- Assesses, recommends, and develops pricing strategies, offers, and promotions across business segments.
- Drives the problem-solution framework, analytics, and presentation of pricing reviews and other marketing related subjects to senior leadership team
- Maintains productive, team-based cross functional relationships with key pricing partners and customers including segment market, product management, finance, engineering, and customer care.
- Partners directly with Consumer Insights to establish objectives for pricing and customer research.
- Set the vision, philosophy, principles, guidelines, and methodologies for pricing with the objective of enhancing the the perceived value proposition of products and maximization of enterprise value
- Ensure brand/product portfolio alignment, fit, positioning, and economic rationalization within TMUS
- Lead the economic assessment of consumer-facing pricing initiatives (including Un-carrier moves) and promotions (includes rate plan and device price moves)
- Drive decision making quality for a broad range of engagements including Un-carrier moves and external business partnership negotiations. Provide strategic frameworks anchored on logical constructs, formulate trade-off driven options/analysis
- Generate actionable insights based on data-driven business analysis
- Takes full accountability for the quality and timely delivery of work
- Understands requests, operates autonomously while ensuring alignment with manager, partners
- Is motivated by doing the right things the right way. Does what it takes to enable quality decision making
- Analysis quality is founded on full transparency on methods, data, and assumptions.
Leverages knowledge, experience, project management skills to scale up productivity. Identifies opportunities to improve business and grow professionally
The experience you’ll bring.
- 6 years of related work experience, including, but not limited to, financial modeling and developing/influencing corporate strategy (or PhD in quantitative field in lieu of work experience)
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint. SQL knowledge and database experience
- Proficient in reporting, visualization, analytics tools (SAS, SQL preferred)
- Ability to communicate highly quantitative or analytical findings succinctly and in formats easily understood by senior management
- Strong financial modeling; experience with performance analysis, business case analytics, forecasting
- Bachelors Degree in operations research, applied math, physics, engineering, computer science or other quantitative field; Graduate degree preferred
- At least 18 years of age