Lone Star Analysis Inc. is a rapidly growing company offering applied decision intelligence and engineering solutions to enhance innovation, create economic strength, and make the world safer. Since 2004, organizations have trusted Lone Star to deliver actionable answers to complex problems in manufacturing, aerospace, defense, energy, logistics, transportation, and communications.
Price To Win Strategic Analyst is responsible for supporting full scale Price To Win project engagements. This includes data collection, data synthesis, and model testing activities. The Strategic Analyst works closely with Senior Price To Win Lead, Competitive Intelligence and other project team members to ensure successful delivery of all client requirements on time and on budget. This position requires a unique blend of technical, business, and strategic thinking skills and the ability to work in a team environment to develop competitive solutions in support of client capture activities. This position’s workload will be dynamic, engaging, and will directly impact the success of our clients.
- Conduct Price to Win analysis in support of routine and strategic captures ranging in size and complexity from <$5M to >$500M.
- Collect and analyze strategic and tactical competitive intelligence from open-source data.
- Lead data extraction engagements with Subject Matter Experts.
- Build predictive cost and offering models to develop PTW and design-to-cost recommendations, which predict competitor bids within 5% of their actual submittals.
- Develop strategy analysis and recommendations to maximize client probability of win.
- Utilize excellent leadership and communication skills, present findings to clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be comfortable with the prospect of working across several industries (Aerospace, Defense, Manufacturing, Energy, Transportation, Logistics, and Telecom) and across several domains (Operations, Asset Management, Maintenance, Technology, and Others) as required.
- Must be highly collaborative and capable of working in a team-based environment.
- Strong leadership skills and specific background in Federal Pricing – CAS environment, including knowledge of TINA and FAR Part 15.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to search and extract information from large databases and ability to analyze conflicting and incomplete data to reach analytically based conclusions.
- Understand basic business and marketplace activities, behavioral norms, and competitive pressures.
- Must be able to obtain a Department of Defense Security clearance.
- Must have exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Executive Order 14042 compliant.
- Demonstrated successful development of winning PTW strategy and offerings on >$50M opportunities.
- Demonstrated PTW modeling techniques, including expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Proven ability to influence capture and program management to implement winning PTW solutions.
- Detailed experience in cost modeling and Basis of Estimate preparation.
- Master’s Degree in a related field, preferably an MBA.
- Experience with the RFP/GOV capture process.
- Minimum of a SECRET security clearance.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Mathematics, Finance, Accounting or other related fields which require significant analytical coursework.
- At least 5 years of broad and varied experience that demonstrates a high level of business acumen, such as price to win, pricing analysis, working on competitive proposal teams, experience in a manufacturing environment, or assignments in business strategy, finance, or contracts.
Expectations do not include:
- All of the desirable attribute within a single candidate.
Why Lone Star?
Have you ever wanted to…Work on cutting edge issues? Experience what it feels like to have your work truly make a difference? Work in a high trust, high performance environment and feel valued? If the answer is ‘yes’ then Lone Star might be for you. There is one catch however, you can’t hide in our culture. So, if we appeal to you, bring your ‘A’ game.
What We Offer
- A great culture and work environment
- Heavily subsidized cafeteria style medical, dental & vision
- Flexible PTO and work hours
- Some remote work options
- Company match 401(k)
- Subsidized HSA (w/ HDHP election)
- Company paid Life and AD&D
- Company paid Short- & Long-term Disability
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- Variable compensation and equity options
- Company paid Medical Concierge Service
- Company paid Identity Theft Protection
Legal / Compliance Statements
Lone Star’s normal requirements apply, in addition to these job specific attributes. Lone Star is committed to protecting your personal data and is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by law. See the company website for more information about Lone Star and how we hire; www.Lone-Star.com