Investec is a distinctive Specialist Bank serving clients principally in the UK and South Africa. Our culture gives us our edge: we work hard to find colleagues who’ll think out of the ordinary and we put them in environments where they’ll flourish. We combine a flat structure with a focus on internal mobility. If you can bring an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to learn and collaborate to your work, this could be the boost your career deserves.
Research shows that some candidates can be reluctant to apply to a role unless they meet all the criteria. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit here and welcome you to do the same – if the role excites you, please don’t let our person specification hold you back. Get in touch!
Location: New York
Investec’s Power and Infrastructure Finance (PIF) team is seeking an Analyst to join its North America team based in New York. The opportunity offers a motivated, inquisitive finance professional interested energy and infrastructure finance to join a growing, diverse team. The Analyst will build a valuable skill set and deep knowledge base, meaningfully contribute to the team’s output and gain industry exposure within the dynamic project finance sector.
Investec’s global PIF team has been at the forefront of the project finance market for over 20 years working with top-tier sponsors on leading transactions. The PIF-North America team provides debt financing for thermal and renewable energy, midstream oil and gas, infrastructure, and core-plus assets. It assumes leading transaction roles and provides clients arranging, financing, underwriting, and syndication services.
What will you do?
- Support in the origination, execution, and syndication of credit facilities
- Develop, analyze and optimize cash flow financial models in Excel
- Assist in analyzing transactions and running the due diligence effort, internal approval processes, and transaction execution work-flows
- Preparation of internal credit memos and analyses
- Management of portfolio loans and periodic reviews
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor Degree or higher
- Proven relevant internship experience in banking or finance is desirable
- Ability and keen interest to learn/research, digest, summarize and communicate detailed information, orally and written
- Self-reliant as required; reliable to meet deadlines and responsive to requests
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, attention to detail
- Comfortable working individually or on a deal team
- Comfortable working with clients/investors and employing professional judgment in various situations
- IT Skills, including Office proficiency; specifically strong modelling skill
- Understanding of financial analysis, valuation and modelling techniques
Our diverse team consists of individuals of varied backgrounds, which we view as a strength and part of our team culture. Individuals eager to contribute will have the ability to learn or adapt existing skills with support from the team as they quickly grow into the role.
Investec is a distinctive Specialist Bank. Our culture gives us our edge: we work hard to find colleagues who’ll think out of the ordinary and we put them in environments where they’ll flourish. We combine a flat structure with a focus on internal mobility. If you can bring an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to learn and collaborate to your work, this could be the boost your career deserves.
Could your career thrive in this setting? Could you see yourself making an impact? If this is the career opportunity you’ve been waiting for please apply today or contact us for more information.