The Furman Lab and the Buck AI Platform at the Buck Institute for Research on Aging seek an independent Postdoctoral Researcher interested in joining a highly diverse group of scientists focused on tackling aging. Proposed work will support research programs in inflammation mediated brain aging and cognitive impairment, ovarian decline and infertility, immune dysregulation, exceptional longevity, space health, and cardiovascular aging. The goal of the Buck AI Platform is to catalyze data-enabled science and advance current knowledge on interventions and therapeutics to extend healthspan and lifespan.
- Process, integrate and analyze in-house and public domain data from various independent platforms (proteomics, genomics, phenomics, metabolomics, transcriptomics, microbiome, wearables/behavioromics).
- Develop statistical methods for data integration of multiscale biological data.
- Participate in writing research grants.
- Contribute to developing new models, techniques and methods applicable in the use of public sets of biological data and potentially health records as well.
Education and Experience
- Deep interest for the science of aging and its connections with the immune system with particular focus on identifying interventions and therapeutics to extend human healthspan
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Genetics, Computer Sciences, Computational Biology or similar
- Significant experience with data science; specifically integration of multi-omics data
- Proven experience with application of machine learning and advanced statistical methods to biological datasets
- Proficient in SQL databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Competency in python and R; database development, maintaining & sharing code repositories (github, Jupyter, etc.)
- Research experience demonstrated through publications
- Talent for technology, translational medicine and knowledge transfer
- Ability to work in a heterogeneous environment of Biologists, Bioinformaticians, Computer Scientists, Molecular Biologists
- Effective interpersonal and communicational skills
- Ability to work and think independently
- Effective organizational skills and ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Aptitude for international collaborations
- Posting will remain open until position is filled.
- This full time appointment is funded for 4 years with possible renewal based on availability of funds and operational needs.
- Competitive salary starting at $78,000/year. Benefits include health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) with 5% match and profit sharing after one year. Collaborative work environment. Generous PTO.
- Work will be performed on a hybrid fashion remotely and at Buck Institute for Research on Aging in Novato, CA