Polling Research Analyst
American Viewpoint, Inc. is looking to fill the position of Polling Research Analyst. An ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter who has a strong attention to detail and a desire to take initiative. Accuracy is paramount to the success of our business and therefore, every aspect of every job needs to be carefully proofed to maintain both our reputation in our industry as well as our relationship with our clients.
In order to achieve this, candidates will have knowledge and interest in Republican politics, campaigns and elections, public policy and/or survey research.
This position will assist current staff with most aspects of every project, including:
· proofing tables for number and grammatical inaccuracies
· ensuring analyses and memos are accurate and exact
· assisting with the production of presentations using PowerPoint and Excel
· proofing questionnaires prior to fielding
· various other project-related tasks
Required candidate qualifications consist of at least a bachelor’s degree in political science, statistics, business/marketing or a related field.
· High attention to detail
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Skillful multi-tasker
· Efficient and accurate worker
· Experience with Microsoft Office (specifically: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
· General computer knowledge
· Effectively work in a team environment
Preferred but not required qualifications consist of familiarity with statistical software packages (Uncle, SPSS, R, etc) and 1-2 years working in a related field such as market research, survey research, political campaigns and/or statistics as well as knowledge of SQL.
We will consider seniors who are graduating May 2022 if they are able to work at least 10 hours per week until graduation.