View job on Handshake
About the Position
The Police Analyst in the Planning, Research, and Accreditation Section performs professional level administrative duties based on assignment including but not limited to: background investigations, budget development, research, data/statistical analysis, crime analysis, policy and procedure development, accreditation compliance, strategic planning, performance measures, process improvement and process mapping.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Business Administration, Social Sciences or related field from an accredited educational institution, and
- Two years of professional level administrative experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and job related experience may substitute for the educational requirements on a year-for-year basis.
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirements:
- Every person employed by the City of Scottsdale shall reside in the State of Arizona during his or her active employment by the City, regardless of whether the employee is approved to remote work.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following:
- Researches current local and national police trends; makes recommendations on policies and procedures, practices and methods of operation based on current research and legal requirements; evaluates new technologies and makes recommendations; forecasts technological needs; monitors the usage of technology within the department.
- Performs program evaluation and organizational analysis; monitors procedures and methods; prepares reports on findings and recommends action; assists with project management expertise to coordinate and implement department- wide projects.
- Coordinates the development of department performance measures and workload indicators; performs resource allocation and staffing distribution studies.
- Analyzes policy and evaluates programs to meet department and accreditation standards.
- Updates the accreditation database, logs receipt of compliance documentation and ensures accuracy of accreditation files.
- Assists with collecting, organizing and filing accreditation documentation and in on-site reviews by accreditation assessors.