This is an amazing full-time position on site at our medical office in downtown San Francisco.
The Patient Care Coordinators at My Doctor Medical Group are responsible for ensuring our patients have a 5-star experience from their first inquiring phone call through their ongoing medical care with us. A star-quality coordinator will have an upbeat personality, a desire to help, a keen intellect, meticulous attention to detail and a genuine love for people of all types. The PCC will embrace our practice philosophies, enjoy a team-based approach to work, thrive in a fast-paced technology-forward environment, and appreciate our elegant offices in the heart of downtown San Francisco.
About My Doctor Medical Group: We believe people deserve more control over their health and health care. My Doctor Medical Group is a next-generation concierge medical practice, designed for proactive people who value high quality care and want a collaborative relationship with their doctor. We provide a higher standard of primary medical care, specialty medical care, mental health care and addiction treatment to a diverse clientele. Our team is responsive, technology-enabled, and developing a better alternative to the standard assembly-line health care system. We are an out-of-network, fee-for-service, membership-based practice.
Our Physicians: Dr. Paul Abramson is a Stanford engineer and UCSF-trained medical doctor on a mission to provide a best-case medical practice scenario by mixing innovative methods with old-school medical traditions and professionalism. Dr. Deena Neff MD is a UCSF-trained medical doctor with a broad background from hospital medicine to integrative medicine. Our practice is committed to a philosophy of serving our patients optimally, with excellent communication, meticulous customer service, unwavering ethical standards and diligent follow-through at all times.
The Opportunity: This is an outstanding opportunity to join a cohesive team operating at a high level of professionalism. As a customer service specialist and medical assistant, you will be able to make a difference in the lives of many appreciative patients, while gaining broad exposure to the operations of a complex medical practice.
- Demonstrated experience delivering front-line customer service, including on the phone, to a discerning clientele;
- Ability to provide high-level verbal and written communication with a smile, even in challenging situations;
- Work experience in a medical practice environment;
- Technology savvy, quick to learn and familiar with cloud-based platforms such as Google Workspace and Zendesk.
- A degree from a four-year college or university.
Skills Required: Customer Service, Quick with Computers and Technology, Medical Practice Interest, Telephone Skills, Multi-Tasking, Problem-Solving Skills, Attention to Detail, Self-Starter, Professionalism, Teamwork, Time Management, Listening, Quality Focus, Building Relationships, Resolving Conflict, Legal Compliance.
Some of the Position’s Responsibilities and Opportunities Include:
- Demonstrate a high degree of punctuality, follow through, motivation and attention to detail.
- Show initiative, teamwork and ownership of tasks and projects.
- Communicate effectively and sensitively with a diverse clientele, on the phone, in person, via email and via secure portals.
- Meticulously adhere to our practice policies and procedures, as well as privacy regulations.
- Coordinate calendars of multiple providers using various computer/cloud interface systems.
- Handle patient ledgers and reconcile charges with a high degree of accuracy.
- Prepare electronic medical charts for the providers in advance of appointments.
- Coordinate patient care between our office and other medical offices, pharmacies and treatment programs.
- Inventory and stocking of medical supplies.
- Create and maintain an inviting and professional atmosphere in the public, patient and private areas of the office.
- Protect the confidentiality of patient and practice information at all times.
- Participate in general staff meetings and patient-specific case management conferences.
- Collaborate with other staff and medical providers.
- Participate in our ongoing systems for feedback and professional growth.
Schedule: This is a full-time position on site at our office. Work hours are generally expected to be 40 hours per week, and this position will have some component of shared administrative coverage for nights and/or weekends.
Training: On the job training will be provided, both with regards to our technology systems, standard operating procedures, and issues specific to our patient population. We have a comprehensive COVID-19 safety protocol in place.
For Those Entering the Health Professions: For those headed toward careers in medicine, we have a long track record of helping our Patient Care Coordinators continue on their career path successfully. However, to be eligible for letters of recommendation and advocacy by Dr. Abramson and Dr. Neff, the PCC must stay at least 12 months in the position.
Pay/Benefits: Compensation is hourly and will depend on experience, level of commitment and availability. Advancement in responsibility, and therefore pay, is possible and encouraged. Competitive benefits include 401(k), defined benefit/pension plan, medical, vision and dental insurance, commuter benefit and life insurance.
No phone calls or direct e-mail please. All inquiries must be through this application process. This position may be most appropriate for local candidates in San Francisco.