View job on Handshake
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You’ll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Our Internal Tax team provides internal services related to financial services, treasury and taxation. As part of our team, you’ll help the team provide a full range of taxation services to PwC related to complex financial reporting, cost management, tax planning, investment management and transaction processing.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Accounting, Finance, Law
Additional Educational Preferences:
A Juris Doctorate (JD), Master of Laws (LLM), or Master’s degree in Accounting or Taxation
CPA, Member of the Bar
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Understanding federal tax laws and associated regulations and other guidance;
- Having specific knowledge of partnership and international tax concepts;
- Understanding tax research of authoritative and non-authoritative source using a variety of research platforms;
- Documenting positions taken on complex tax issues using written and verbal communication skills with specific ability to communicate concepts and ideas concisely and defend their validity;
- Understanding tax consulting and planning,e.g., analyzing proposed transactions for unusual tax risks for undetermined tax benefits;
- Understanding due diligence,e.g., interpreting complex legislative and regulatory actions relating to corporate and partnership transactions, assisting stakeholders understand regulatory and legislative initiatives;
- Automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to, innovating through new and existing technologies, experimenting with digitization solutions, working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools, and utilizing digitization tools to reduce hours and optimize engagements;
- Collaborating with team members virtually, including supporting the work/life balance of the team; and,
- Delivering strategic and creative thinking, individual initiative, and the ability to suggest independent solutions to issues presented.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.