PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients. Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients’ businesses.
The Hardware Research and Technology Lab is looking for an innovative thought leader to help lead PARC effort to apply new and innovative aerosol creation systems to help solve complex problems in climate science. As a leader of PARC’s strong multidisciplinary teams, you’ll be responsible for leading an effort in the Mechanical and Fluidic Systems group to mature and test new nozzle designs, aerosol delivery systems, real-life system designs for small scale testing, and coordinate with climate scientists to best apply our technology. Additionally, you’ll have an opportunity to work on technology with potential to help solve challenges from climate change.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Incubating new ideas and working with existing PARC staff to tackle complex problems
- Working with external partners to help communicate the potential impact
- Leading a team of scientists and engineers to deliver scientific results
- Managing budgets and outside partners
- Publishing results and raising public awareness
- Writing proposals for internal and external sponsors
- Leading projects as a Principal Investigator
- Contributing to projects as a subject matter expert
- Continuing to learn and stay informed of developments in the field
- PhD in Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Engineering or other related field with emphasis on aerosol or climate science
- 5+ years of experience leading industrially relevant research
- Track record of innovation
- Experience working with government or non-profit sponsors Familiarity with high pressure nozzle designs for aerosol creation
- Ability to communicate theory to diverse groups across PARC and the greater scientific community
- Equally comfortable with experimental and analytical or computational work
- Track record of scientific achievement
© 2020 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.