Pallet Leaders of Tomorrow (PLT) Program
48forty Solutions is the largest pallet management services company in North America. We provide end-to-end pallet solutions, from supply to retrieval, on-site services, and reverse logistics. 48forty Solutions is truly Pallet Management Made Simple.
The Pallet Leaders of Tomorrow (PLT) Program is 24-week rotational program that offers new graduates looking to jump start their career into a position that is dynamic, exciting, and has unlimited potential. During this program, you’ll have the opportunity to learn the business from the ground up starting day one! This includes repairing pallets, providing hands on people leadership, managing the finances of the plant, shadowing sales and customer calls, and everything in between!
Our operations workforce is the heart and soul of our business. As a PLT, you’ll be embedded in all aspects of plant management and operations in Riverside, CA, Biglerville, PA, Cincinnati, OH, or Birmingham, AL. Rotation domains will include:
· Safety training; OSHA Certifications
· Pallet recycling
· Facility operations
· Retail Services and Sales
Career and Growth Potential
You will be integral to the future growth and success of 48forty! Upon successful completion of the program, our PLT graduates will be charged with managing the day-to-day operations initiatives of their own facility. Also, your career growth and potential will happen! 48forty has demonstrated examples of our employees advancing with the organization quickly!
Training and Networking
48forty will provide all the training and development needed for you to be successful in this program. You’ll engage with other PLTs, our plant and production workforce, and 48forty leadership to ensure positive growth of the business.
Job Description and Requirements:
The PLT will be learning the ins and outs of operating a plant which includes managing total plant operations, developing relationships with customers, driving results, and exceeding expectations in the key areas of safety, service, quality and cost. Additional job highlights include:
- Managing and providing leadership for production employees as a working manager; assisting with recruiting and to train and develop all staff
- Oversee production and shipping schedules based on availability of raw and finished goods
- Maintain critical quality and raw material utilization standards to maintain customer satisfaction and plant profitability
- Support and implement cost control initiatives and process control within the plant; Implement and manage Lean opportunities to effectively eliminate waste
- Continually review, implement operations activities, including local transportation activities to maintain compliance with all Federal, State and local laws (OSHA, DOL, DOJ, EPA, FD)
- Drive efficiencies through proper transportation scheduling, dispatch, and driver management
- Bachelors in Operations/Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, Agribusiness, Industrial Distribution, or related study; other majors and programs also considered
- Self-motivated, goal-driven, and willingness to learn
- Process and systems oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally
- Strong customer focus orientation and attention to detail
- Open to relocation to Riverside, CA, Cincinnati, OH, Biglerville, PA, or Birmingham, AL
48forty Solutions offers competitive pay and benefits to all full-time employees. 48forty Solutions is also pleased to offer a full benefit package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as a 401(k) retirement savings plan after 90 days.
48forty Solutions requires that none of its employees are excluded from doing business with the Federal government. All newly hired individuals are promptly screened through the E-Verify electronic employment authorization program run by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service.
- Drug-free workplace. EOE. D/M/F/V
- MUST be 18 years of age or older
At 48forty Solutions, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. All employees may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities, as needed.