ABOUT THE POSITION
Generate is seeking an Intern for its Data Engineering team to support live transactions and financing processes in the clean energy and resource efficiency space. The mission of this role is to develop a greater understanding of structuring, financing, and deal-making in infrastructure investment programs in sustainable power, transport, waste, and water.
We are looking for a highly analytical and hard-working individual looking to hone their finance experience and who is excited by the opportunity to work closely with the firm’s Project Finance team on the evaluation, structuring, and execution of transactions. If you are a process- and results-oriented person, passionate about the type of work Generate is doing, and see yourself in the descriptors below, we’d love to hear from you.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as the Data Engineering Intern:
- Work as part of Generate’s Data & Technology team
- Working under the direction of senior staff, you will provide insights into the harvested data, mostly through descriptive analytics, some through cursory machine learning techniques focused on classification.
- Work with internal teams to help organize disparate systems data output to find which data point is appropriate and valuable.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy