Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around January 2023 and continue through the entire Winter/Spring term (i.e. through April/May) or into early Summer 2023 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before applying.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school on your ability to work 40 hours per week before applying. Again, please do not apply until you know you can work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time during the academic year.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize and develop emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow technically, professionally, and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows the intern to experience life at Tesla by including them in projects that are critical to their team’s success. Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, our interns have a seat at the table and make critical decisions that will influence not only their team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
About the Team
Working closely with Packaging Engineers for the development and leading the implementation of cutting edge packaging, Interns will develop needed to effectively protect and integrate with the automated material flow and manufacturing lines. Interns will also contribute to enhancing the development process and supporting tools.
What You’ll Do
Responsibilities of the Packaging Engineering interns may include the following:
- Design part packaging to interface with custom production automation equipment and material handling equipment
- Support automation equipment design as part of the project team developing new custom automation equipment
- Work with the Design Engineering team to understand part design in order to develop highly optimized packaging solutions for a wide range of parts
- Work with part suppliers and packaging suppliers to get your designs implemented
What You’ll Bring
- Currently pursuing a BS, MS, or advanced degree in engineering, project management, packaging engineering or other related fields.
- PMP, PMI certificates or experience in project management is helpful for project management interns.
- Solidworks, Catia, CAD software, TOPS/CAPE, ArtiosCAD can all be helpful skills.
- Experience working with design, development and implementation of packaging projects. Preference in the automotive industry or high speed automated lines.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate dynamic cross-functional projects with engineering, supply chain, manufacturing and test to meet project timelines.
- Proficient at risk management and communication.
- Experience working in time critical and fast-paced product development.
- Strong record keeping and organizational skills necessary.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.