DHL Supply Chain is the Americas leader in contract logistics, providing customer-focused solutions to a wide range of industries including automotive, consumer, retail, engineering and manufacturing, life sciences and healthcare, technology, energy and chemicals. DHL Supply Chain’s skilled people make its customers more competitive by creating innovative logistics and supply chain solutions – from initial situation analysis to the continuous improvement programs that help deliver better results every day. DHL Supply Chain has over 25,000 employees in over 400 locations spread throughout the USA and Canada with revenues just under $5 billion in North America. DHL Supply Chain is part of the $20 billion global Supply Chain Division of Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL).
The Operations Systems Analyst partners with the site Operations Team to maintain the site’s Warehouse Management System (WMS) operating procedures, and maximize system efficiencies. This individual acts as a liaison between the Operations Team and the system to troubleshoot and coordinate technical support for the site.
DHL Supply Chain has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development and training.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Warehouse Management System (WMS):
- Performs basic configuration of the WMS.
- Trains others on WMS functionality.
- Understands the WMS database structure and system-specific coding languages
- Collects and analyzes systems and operational data. Provides recommendations to improve efficiency of operations.
- Develops and implements analytical tools that identify areas for improving service levels, reducing costs, and enhancing operations.
- Analyzes discrepancies and assists in the design of procedures to reduce/eliminate site impact.
- Conducts feasibility analyses on processes and equipment; calculates cost/benefit, identifies business impacts, and proposes solutions.
- Writes intermediate queries to include use of sub-queries
- Performs basic query optimization, indexing, and pivoting
- Uses advanced functionality (e.g. HLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Arrays)
- Records macros and manipulates VBA code
- Creates, runs, and manipulates site management and/or customer reports.
- Possesses a working knowledge of warehouse activities.
- Contributes to Cost Model development.
- Understands a warehouse layout with respect to the Cost Model and Customer Profile and contributes to its design.
- Understands basic zoning methodology with the ability to learn and become proficient.
Site Technical Support
- Troubleshoots and coordinates technical support for site operations and systems.
- Serves as site lead for systems implementations and modifications.
- Interfaces with the customer to identify and resolve systems issues and maximize productivity.