Operations Research Analyst – Full Time 2022
Who We Are | Operations Research
Wayfair is seeking energetic, curious and action-oriented students with an interest in a career in Operations Research. Our current team members have diverse skill sets across quantitative sciences, analytics, math and engineering with a focus on logistics and supply chain. They are dedicated to solving some of the most analytically challenging problems here at Wayfair.
Operations Research Analyst
Our Operations Research Analysts play a critical role in identifying and sizing new opportunities as well as leveraging our existing models and tools to find ways to improve our supply chain operations. We seek an individual who can think creatively and pragmatically about how to use data and analytical tools to answer critical business questions. The successful candidate will work with our team of operations research scientists and engineers to tackle large-scale and real-time optimization problems in our supply chain and beyond, including network design, transportation & vehicle routing, warehouse & inventory management, global network optimization, and many others.
We are looking for an individual capable of thinking outside of the box about operational challenges, who wants to try new approaches and challenge traditional models – all while focusing on bringing a best-in-class experience to our global customers.
What You’ll Do | Responsibilities
- Apply mathematical methods to size the impact of potential OR projects
- Leverage existing OR models and tools for analysis to drive strategic operations decisions
- Help identify improvement opportunities for existing models and tools
- Design and implement algorithms for strategic and operational decision making
- Working cross-functionally with business stakeholders to understand complex operations issues, define relevant analyses and communicate results and recommendations
What You’ll Need | Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in a undergraduate or Master’s degree program in Operations Research, Mathematics, or a related field
- Familiarity with linear optimization, probability, statistics, machine learning
- Experience using Python, Java, SQL or similar languages
- Strong communication skills
Working on the Operations Research team allows you to have the opportunity to play a critical role in a growing company while also operating with a high level of executive visibility. The team is focused on creating strategic solutions that steer customer behavior, influence key decision making and quantify our impact within the e-commerce space. Our diverse and fun employees enjoy an environment of strong ownership and quick feedback from building, experimenting and iterating on high-impact work.