The Operations Research (OR) Analyst is responsible for the technical development and programming of decision support tools relating to both commercial and operational workgroups in a fast-moving and challenging environment that is balanced among delivery, innovation, and learning.
The OR group develops internal support applications for multiple workgroups in order to increase revenue, reduce costs, and improve operational performance. The group works closely with other departments to provide solutions that support better decision making, automates time consuming processes, and uses data and programming to deliver decision support systems that enhance business outcomes.
Visa Sponsorship Available
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in operations research, mathematics, statistics, industrial engineering, or computer science; MS strongly preferred
Years of Experience:
Minimum one (1) year of operations research experience with both data analytics and operational mathematical technique.
Minimum one (1) year of computer programming experience architecting and building support tools using python, C++, or other object-oriented programming language.
• Languages Experience: python with significant and diverse library experience, SQL for database pulls.
• Technologies/Frameworks Experience:
•Experience with Linux servers highly desired.
•Knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS, OpenStack, Azure, Google Cloud) is highly desired.
•Familiarity with agile is highly desired.
•Exposure to GIT or other version control tools.
• Experience creating SQL queries required; experience pulling large datasets for analysis required.
• Proven presentation skills to all levels of audience including technologists, management and executives.
• Strong attention to detail required in all aspects of the position, with the ability to direct and lead others to successfully apply analytical skills, strategic management and development.
• Ability to provide after hours on call support when needed.
• Schedule flexibility as business tasks and demands require.
• Must embrace work load and be comfortable with a fast paced, quickly changing work environment.
• Possess excellent business acumen with a strong ability to map business requirements to technical solutions.
• Ability to communicate and liaise with colleagues at all levels in and outside of Allegiant.
• Strong computer skills including but not limited to MS Office products.
• Must be able to maintain regular and predictable attendance subject to the leave, PTO, and attendance policies.
• Must be able to work in a high-pressure environment.
• Airline experience.
• VBA experience.
• Significant and demonstrable experience of implementing software tools and mathematical models providing measurable revenue increases and/or cost reductions.
• Experience creating optimization models and applying them to real-world challenges.
• Knowledge of using machine learning algorithms with statistics: regression, classification, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
• Develop and implement data analysis, statistical analysis, and optimization algorithms based on data and business requirements using python, Excel/VBA, or other technological tools as deemed necessary.
• Provide insight to business and operational units that is valuable and above what other workgroups could provide.
• Deliver guidance to commercial and operational units in identifying business and technical requirements and needs in order to maximize value to the company.
• Provide models, automation, and programming tools for business problems while balancing cost of implementation, effectiveness of the model, and development time.
• Triage, work, and deliver multiple projects at the same time with tight deadlines in a high pressure environment without compromising quality of outcomes.
• Support current projects that are in production that require maintenance, debugging, and updating due to ever-changing business needs.
• Translate business goals and objectives into technical scopes and convert technical and mathematical concepts into easily digestible terms that can gain buy-in by both technical and non-technical groups.
• Contribute, adhere to, and enforce standards and best practices in software development.
• Develop complex queries to pull relevant and clean data to perform analytical goals.
• Provide after hours on call support when needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office – While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
COVID-19 Vaccination National Mandate
Allegiant requires all team members to complete a record in Allegiant’s Vaccination Tracking Tool. Team Members may opt to provide records documenting their fully vaccinated status or agree to comply with weekly COVID-19 testing and reporting. Requests for medical and religious exemptions for those who cannot be vaccinated will be considered with substantiating documentation.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.