View job on Handshake
Looking to get into a role where you can learn a business, be mentored by top leaders, and grow within the manufacturing space? You should consider this Operations Leadership Program at Worthington Industries.
This position is designed to develop individuals into the manufacturing space and prepare them for leadership roles. We are seeking upcoming or recent graduates for this position. Have a military background? You could be a fit, too! Candidates with previous leadership experience on campus, in extra-curriculars, or in through previous employment will succeed in this role.
This position requires relocation and moderate travel. The roles and responsibilities are under the direction of the Operations Manager and are assigned in alignment with the business unit succession planning initiatives with added exposure to multiple operational roles which may include production, sales, finance and supply chain management/scheduling.
- Use working knowledge of production process, machines and materials to train and evaluate production employees and determine opportunities to make improvements where appropriate
- Determines workforce requirements for department and assists with the hiring process for seasonal and full time employees.
- Perform entry-level job duties on plant equipment in all departments
- Improve level of equipment performance and reliability
- Make recommendations of equipment/process improvements
- Direct & prioritize production personnel in an efficient & effective manner to meet production needs. Receives and communicates needs for each shift
- Initiate and drive projects handed down from management
- Determine need / estimated cost and arrange for procurement of parts, special tools and/or equipment
- Cross train throughout entire plant including production, maintenance, IP, scheduling, quality, EH&S
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices
- A desire to lead people, projects, and work independently
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong problem solving and/or troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability in decision making, analytical thinking, time management and motivation
- Can plan and coordinate large projects