View job on Handshake
Built on Willis Carrier’s invention of modern air conditioning in 1902, Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable, and high-performance buildings. We constantly build upon our history of proven innovation with new products and services that improve global comfort and efficiency. Today, Carrier needs your talent to build upon this legacy and create solutions that matter for people and our planet!
At CARRIER Operations is the combined functions of Supply Management, Quality, EH&S, Logistics, and Manufacturing. We buy, build, and continuously improve the creation of products and services that keep our customers coming back. CARRIER Operations is a powerful link between the design and marketing of our products and their ultimate delivery to the customer. That’s a big challenge; we do it every day in every corner of the world, with increasing quality, pride, and passion.
Our CARRIER Operations Leadership Program (OLP) will put you in the midst of a transformation that is sweeping across Operations and CARRIER. You will engage with people, strategize, and deploy initiatives using your diverse skills and competencies to meet extraordinary business and career challenges. Our commitment to our OLP Associates is to provide front-line, hands-on, meaningful assignments designed to stretch your capabilities and enhance your learning.
Rotations vary due to business need, but are primarily located in the following locations:
- Athens, GA
- Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- Collierville, TN
- Charlotte, NC
- Indianapolis, IN
You will build a well-rounded platform on which to develop an exciting career in Operations:
Spend the next two years (three, 8-month rotations in different locations/disciplines) in the functional areas of Operations: Manufacturing, Logistics, EH&S, Quality, and Supply Management.
- Work at CARRIER’s dynamic global business units: Refrigeration, Fire & Security Products, Commercial & Residential HVAC, and CARRIER Corporate Headquarters.
- Lead the continued deployment of our continuous improvement operating system across our factories and beyond and become a certified Associate.
- Support global strategic sourcing and supplier development initiatives
- Learn the core concepts of manufacturing by applying cutting edge technology and lean principles
- Enhance presentation skills by collaborating with your cohort to complete research presentations on robust industry-altering topics
- Develop a cross-business, cross-functional network that will expand as your career grows
- Receiving mentoring & guidance from CARRIER Operations Leaders
- Work with enhancement teams that are made of associates from all leadership programs (Finance, Digital, Operations, Engineering) to continuously improve the quality of the program and network with other early in career professionals
Experience / Qualifications
- Applicant must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees
- Education Minimum B.A./B.S. Degree required (MBA/other relevant Masters degree is a plus)
- Operations related fields e.g., engineering, logistics, supply chain, quality, or manufacturing strongly preferred
- GPA must be greater than or equal to 3.0 GPA (3.2 Preferred)
- Strong commitment and interest in a career within Operations leadership
- Proactive and results-driven individuals who thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Capacity to lead, motivate and influence through effective communications
- Flexibility, adaptability, and mobility to travel/live anywhere in the US
- Less than one year of professional, full-time work experience (not including prior internships)
- Foreign language proficiency is a plus (not required)