1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Operations Leadership Development Program is intended to develop talent within our sourcing, purchasing, planning, manufacturing, continuous improvement, warehouse, shop floor, scheduling, and logistics functions.
The program is a three-year program consisting of three rotation assignments which are driven by real business priorities. Rotational employees will acquire skills and abilities in leadership and to continuously improve our Operations functions. With this leadership development focus, Rotational team members will be set with higher expectations during and after the program. Deep, diverse experience is critical to the future success of program graduates.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Our program consists of three 1-year assignments with different focus areas i.e: Sourcing, Purchasing, Planning, Logistics, Warehouse, Shop Floor, Continuous Improvement etc.
- The Rotational assignments are intended to provide a broad exposure to the operations field leading to successful off program placement.
- Complete program training including Continuous Improvement training
- Coaching and regular performance feedback
- Mentor support to guide you through the program
- Potential international experience
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Operations related program (Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Lean Manufacturing, etc.) Cumulative GPA of 3.0 (“B” average”) or better in college.
- Prior internship experience in a manufacturing or related environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong commitment to a career in operations and willingness to learn
- Ability to lead and work in teams
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.