The goal of this 11-week summer program is to recognize and attract top talent to The Home Depot. This is a great opportunity for students interested in a post-graduate full-time position with our Store Operations organization, including Safety & Building Services, Customer & Associate Experiences, Asset Protection, Workforce Operations, Tool Rental, Operations Fulfillment & Shared Services. As part of the 11-week program, Interns will have the opportunity to learn & develop from executive leadership, lead a cross functional project that contributes to Home Depot’s innovation and success, culminating in a final presentation to executive leaders.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Project Management; Process Improvement
- Completing business requirement specifications
- Leading brainstorming sessions & gathering feedback from stores
- Strategic planning
- System development methodology; analyzing data
- Partnering cross-functionally to achieve goals
- Interact with top leaders for career guidance
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to a Manager or Sr. Manager
- Will not have direct reports
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 year
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Strong analytical skills
- Process/detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Project management experience
- Time Management
- Planning, organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Proven leadership abilities
- Juniors and Seniors currently pursuing a Bachelors degree in Business, Operations, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Management Information Systems, Retail Studies, Criminal justice/Pre-law
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to communicate issues and recommend solutions in a timely manner.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.