View job on Handshake
2022 Summer Internship | Operations
School Year: May 2022/2023, Recent Grads or Graduate Student
Dates of the Internship: June 1, 2022 – August 6th, 2022
Format: In-Person (Remote Accepted)
Camping World is looking for an Operations intern for the summer of 2022 to work closely with the Operations department. As an intern, you will assist with the daily operations and gain a first-hand experience in the department. We are looking for someone who is driven and who wants to be immersed in a real-world experience. If you are eager to learn, have a strong interest in operations and want to further develop yourself as a professional; this is the ideal role for you. This role is a full-time, paid, nine-week internship that will offer a great opportunity to work alongside professionals in your desired field.
- Supervises daily service department activities
- Train employees on new products and safety procedures
- Maximize installation sales, fees, and service fees through ensuring quality, timely product installations and repairs
- Monitor and review work schedules, customer letters and comments, technician productivity and labor control reports
- Maintain a safe work area for customers and coworkers
- Review department budget with service director/manager to maximize installation sales and fees
- Work closely with managers to set and implement policies, procedures, and systems and follow through with implementation
- Review and approve operational invoices and ensure they are submitted
- In pursuit or a recent graduate with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Business, Communications, or a closely related field.
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and problems to facilitate successful outcomes
- Ability to plan and prepare work schedules for optimum coverage
- Ability to communicate in a professional and tactful manner
- Ability to prioritize work assignments
- Ability to provide accurate and helpful information to customer
- Ability to analyze and write reports
- Comprehensive knowledge of product installation activities, policies and procedures
- General knowledge of products, installation schedules, product prices and current sale items
- Forklift experience/certification preferred or ability to be certified required
- Valid Driver’s License Required
Camping World is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, veteran or uniformed service-member status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
About Camping World
The outdoors is a big place and just as it offers endless adventures, so does our company.
Camping World is the premier one-stop-shop for everything RV. Along with RV parts and accessories, we also offer a full selection of new and used RVs for sale; service centers with over 1,900 bays and over 1,600 technicians on staff; over 100 collision centers; RV Spa detail and refurbishment centers; technical advice from knowledgeable experts and hard-to-find parts.
As the RV industry leader, Camping World is always looking for new and better ways to enhance your RV and outdoor experience. Camping World is a big place, just like the great outdoors. We make it our mission to equip you for it. We are seeking dynamic, hard-working team members who are inspired to work amongst diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We’ve got an awesome team already, but there’s always room for more!