Founded in 1985, SelectQuote (NYSE: SLQT) provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote’s success: a strong force of highly trained and skilled agents, who provide consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
SelectQuote is looking to hire a highly motivated individual to join our talent acquisition team as an Operations Analyst supporting our Talent Acquisition team!
As a member of the SelectQuote Talent Acquisition Analytics Team, the Operations Analyst – Talent Acquisition will develop and deliver analytical findings, while also being responsible for the creation and maintenance of multiple reports. The analyst will work with a variety of stakeholders to identify areas of advancement in Talent Acquisition on topics ranging from data infrastructure to business strategy decisions.
- Prepare quantitative analyses using Microsoft Excel and SQL to develop meaningful insights on applicant data and performance of key business areas
- Produce clear and concise deliverables for leadership that inform strategy-making decisions and department functionality
- Provide ad hoc operational support to department management that increases operational efficiency and creates time savings
- Create and maintain PowerBI/Amazon Quicksight dashboards for leadership
- Forecast/model department trends
- Pull data from various structured and unstructured sources (SQL, JSON, Excel)
- Offer insight and support to Business Intelligence teams for creating infrastructure and reporting that meet long-term data needs
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong analytical, critical, and detail-oriented aptitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- SQL exposure preferred but not required. Ability to learn SQL quickly, if no experience, will be necessary
- Python/R programming experience is a plus
Training & Experience:
- Strong academic record with a BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in an analytical/critical-thinking heavy discipline (Statistics, Engineering, Business Analytics, Economics, etc.)
- Relocation to Kansas City area preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn and apply new knowledge to business problems quickly
- A strong understanding of statistical concepts relating to real-world data analytics (correlation, regression, t-tests, probability, etc.) or the desire to learn
- High level of self-motivation; ability to operate and accomplish goals independently and within a team-oriented environment
It’s an exciting time to join SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, work from home stipend, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.