Faurecia North America is looking for recent graduates (up to 2 years of experience) on Operations Management, Lean Manufacturing or Quality to join our Rotational Development Program (RDP) and commit to long term growth and development with Faurecia. The program’s content is built off the academic knowledge received by the candidate while completing their bachelor’s or master’s degree as well as the individual needs, capabilities and objectives of the candidate. The RDP is a two-year program consisting of three 12-month rotations that take place in various Faurecia facilities. Upon successful completion of the program, the candidate will be placed in a permanent key position within their core field.
As a part of this program, you can expect to:
- Develop your leadership and decision-making skills through various project assignments and daily tasks
- Gain cross-cultural exposure and experience
- Receive regular guidance from an experienced mentor in your core field
- Build an extensive network within the organization
- Attend training sessions and workshops
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards and willingness to adhere to Faurecia’s Code of Ethics and Code of Management
Your position and environment:
Your 1st rotation role and responsibilities will be based in a Faurecia facility manufacturing plant in the United States for 12 months.
In a strong cross-cultural environment, your rotations will be:
Rotation I – Production Supervisor
Purpose of this rotation: Learn shop floor production and personnel management
- Shadow experienced Production Supervisor to learn the role in operations
- Minimum of 12 months operating in role of Production Supervisor for limited population
- Learn all aspects of Supervisor responsibility (as outlined in Supervisor Development Guide)
- Lead Quality, Cost & Delivery performance for designated group/area
- Manage & develop personnel in assigned group/area
- Ensure that working conditions are fully compliant with HSE standards of facility
- Assist lead supervisor with any additional tasks as assigned
Rotation II – Lean Manufacturing (FES) Specialist
Purpose of this rotation: Learn the Faurecia lean manufacturing principles (FES) and their practical application
- Contribute to the building of the site and departmental improvement plans.
- Support the Management team in the application of FES methodologies and tools through their active participation on the shop floor thus providing training and coaching to Plant personnel.
- Ensure the correct daily usage of the FES standards.
- Liaise with Division Senior FES Specialists to gain knowledge of Group Standards and ensure best practices are developed.
- Support Plant FES&P Manager on day-to-day tasks
- Assist with any additional tasks as assigned
Rotation III – Material Planner or Master Scheduler
Purpose of this rotation: Learn material control aspects of Production Control & Logistics
· Analyze, understand and anticipate the customer needs, ensuring that they are reflected in production activities.
· Analyze, understand and plan supplier requirements and ensure that they are reflected in planned orders.
· Manage alerts and follow up with the transportation and the delivery of parts, both inbound and outbound.
· Manage the pool and safety stocks levels.
· Check that the sequencer and procurements are consistent with the production plan.
· Assist with any additional tasks as assigned by the company.
Who are you?
The ideal candidate will:
Have a bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Operation or Supply Chain Management or other relevant degree field
2+ years of experience preferred.
Be a highly motivated self-starter capable of problem solving in a fast-paced, autonomous environment.
Be willing to relocate at the conclusion of each rotation.
Key competencies to have and develop:
- Learning on the fly
- Dealing with ambiguity – capability to work in a matrix environment
- Autonomy, reliability
- Communication, to all levels of the organization
- Priority setting
- Team player
- Analytical mindset, cross-cultural sensitivity and speaking another language (French, Spanish…) are a plus
This position is offered a lump sum relocation for each move, full medical, dental, vision, company 401k match, bonus program and more!