Job no: 528324
Work type: Classified Staff
Location: Eugene, OR
Categories: Information Technology, Computer and Information Science, Data Science
Department: Finance and Administration Shared Services
Classification: Oper Systems-Network Analyst
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $18.35 – $29.90 per hour
Review of Applications Begins
Position closes November 22, 2021
Special Instructions to Applicants
In addition to your application, please include a resume, and a cover letter that clearly articulates how your skills and experiences make you an ideal candidate for this role.
The Finance and Administration Shared Services Department (FASS) provides service within the VPFA (Vice President Finance & Administration) portfolio specific to four business functions: Budget and Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, and Purchasing and Accounts Payable.
The mission of the Shared Services Information Technology (IT) group focuses on customer service combined with technology and process competency. The services we provide include: IT strategy, business continuity, disaster recovery consultation, system/data backup/recovery, hardware lifecycle management/procurement, consultation for unit software/hardware needs, desktop support, system and software support, project management for software implementation and upgrades, decision support and reporting, communication with Information Services, liaison with other University service providers, and printing/printing contract management.
The FASS unit provides administrative services for several departments within the VPFA portfolio including:
• Campus Planning and Facilities Management: Campus Planning, Design and Construction, Facilities Services, Utilities and Energy, and the Office of Sustainability
• Safety and Risk Services: UO Police Department, Emergency Management and Fire Prevention, Risk Management and Environmental Health and Safety, and Campus GIS
• Department of Parking and Transportation
• Printing and Mailing Services
The purpose of this position is to support the information, data, systems administration and networking needs of the customers of Finance and Administration Shared Services IT. This includes supporting, managing and maintaining a secure, well-functioning and available IT infrastructure.
The position is primarily responsible for managing and maintaining the physical and logical databases that support the business needs of our customers. These databases are comprised of both transactional operational data stores as well as those intended for data warehouse functions. Other responsibilities of this position include assisting in the maintenance of systems, applications and local area networks across multiple campus locations.
Interactions/contacts occur daily with students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors in the course of performing work. A supervisor typically assigns the incumbent work individually or indirectly when they are a member of a team. Decisions are most often made within established guidelines, but they may be made regarding the best method and materials necessary to perform a particular task. They may also include setting priorities, assessing customer needs and responding to those needs.
The position will not directly supervise other employees, though will on occasion be required to organize and coordinate the work of internal and 3rd-party resources to complete projects or fix problems. The position will be responsible for following guidelines and standards developed by FASS IT and Utilities and Energy Department as well as those developed by other groups served.
The position will participate in both formal and informal procurement and other decision-making activity with financial implications. The position will have no budget authority. As an Operating Systems/Network Analyst, the person in this position is expected to remain current with new software and hardware technologies in a constantly growing environment.
The position will report to the Associate Director – IT for Finance and Administration Shared Services. Work is reviewed regularly by Associate Director – IT for Finance and Administration Shared Services as well as the Directors and managers of the Utilities and Energy Department.
This unit may provide essential services during times of emergencies and inclement weather. This position may be required to fulfill essential services and functions during these times.
This classification requires a basic foundation of knowledge in operating systems programs, maintenance, systems administration, and network systems that would normally be obtained through a bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, engineering mathematics, telecommunications or a related technical field, or equivalent technical training and/or experience.
Special Requirements: *Candidates must meet the following requirements in order to advance.
• Must successfully pass an in-depth law enforcement background check.
• Must submit fingerprints to obtain a FBI Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) security clearance.
• Must complete and maintain Law Enforcement Data Systems (LEDS) certification.
• Must complete and maintain Level 4 CJIS Security Awareness Training.
• Perform duties in a way that advances and supports the mission of the department and university.
• Work effectively in a diverse team environment and create effective relationships for problem solving and positive interactions.
• Take initiative, looking for what needs to be done and doing it.
• Pay close attention to detail.
• Maintain a safe and safety-conscious workplace.
• Maintain a respectful workplace and model a positive and proactive attitude.
• Model the highest ethical standards.
• Provide superior customer service.
• If using equivalent experience to meet minimum qualifications, preference will be given to candidates who have an associate’s degree or higher.
• One year of experience working in the field of computer technology.
• Experience working in Relational Database designs.
• Knowledge of systems administration concepts and best practices in a production environment.
• Experience creating and maintaining code written in Windows or Linux scripting languages.
• Experience managing Operational and Data Warehouse databases.
• Experience with end-user reporting and data analysis tools.
• Experience supporting energy management systems and software.
• Experience with devices and systems that gather and deliver energy management information to energy management systems.
• Experience working with SQL in ANSI, Oracle, SQL Server or MySQL dialects.
• Experience using ETL strategies and techniques.
• Experience with project management concepts and practices.
• Experience successfully communicating complex technical and operational issues to non-technical users.
FLSA Exempt: No
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.