New York Space Grant Internship – Summer 2023
About Ursa Space Systems
Ursa Space Systems is building ground-breaking solutions to deliver global intelligence to organizations worldwide. Through our SAR/EO/RF satellite network and data fusion expertise, Ursa Space detects real-time changes in the physical world to expand transparency. In addition, our subscription and custom services enable organizations to access satellite imagery and analytic results with no geographic, political, or weather-related limitations.
Ursa, located in downtown Ithaca, NY, is seeking multiple interns interested in gaining hands-on experience with synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellite imagery analysis and management.
Positions for Data Science and Image Science are available for the 2023 summer. This position is remote-friendly.
This is a 10-week, full-time internship opportunity (Summer 2023) for students working on a degree in engineering, math or physical science with an extensive data or image analysis component. Intuition, creativity, and flexibility are the most important primary qualifications. Experience with synthetic aperture radar (SAR) imagery is a plus.
Duties may include
- Prototyping, demonstrating, and implementing image analysis algorithms and techniques, including machine learning approaches, internal user interfaces, and displays
- Analyzing geospatial data to discover trends, building predictive models, and implementing other machine learning algorithms
To qualify for this New York Space Grant position, candidates must be a US Citizen and one or both of the following:
- Attend a university in New York State
- Be a resident of New York State
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student