The Information Systems Department (ISD) is currently seeking a Network and Data Center Operations Manager to join our Technical Services Division. If the idea of managing and advancing an enterprise environment sounds exciting to you, then we need to talk!
Starting salary up to $68.94/hour ($143,886 /year) plus a cash allowance of approximately $600/month*
Working at the County of Sonoma offers expansive opportunities for growth and development, the ability to be a part of a challenging and rewarding work environment, and the satisfaction of knowing you’re working to better our communities. You can also look forward to excellent benefits* including:
- An annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit allowance up to $1,700 and ongoing education/training opportunities
- Competitive vacation and sick leave accruals, 12 paid holidays, and an additional 8 floating holiday hours per year
- Significant portion of health care premiums paid by the County and access to several health plan options
- County contribution to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help fund post-retirement employee health insurance/benefits
- Retirement fully integrated with Social Security
- May be eligible for up to 8 weeks (320 hours) of Paid Parental Leave after 12 months of County employment
- Eligibility for a salary increase after 1,040 hours (6 months when working full-time) for good work performance; eligibility for a salary increase for good performance every year thereafter, until reaching the top of the salary range
About the Position
As our Network and Data Center Operations Manager, you will oversee a very talented team of technical professionals who maintain a complex and dynamic IT environment to meet the needs for over 4,000 County of Sonoma employees. This team is primarily responsible for supporting core technology operations and infrastructure across the County, including Data Center Operations, Network Infrastructure, VoIP and Collaboration Services, Security, Virtualization, Enterprise Messaging, Active Directory, Cloud Services, Backup/Recovery, Access and Identity Management, and Server Administration.
In this position you will also assist the Division Director with the development of long-term strategic plans; and implement, unify, and deliver core technology infrastructure services across the County. You will be responsible for managing and planning future initiatives as well as assisting in the planning and management of internal business needs. Additionally, as a member of the ISD management team, you will help set and implement strategic plans for the department in support of the County’s Strategic Plan goals and objectives. Another responsibility of this position is to better serve our community’s needs by assisting business partners and staff in making the best use of the existing and emerging technical services provided by ISD.
Additionally you will:
- Schedule and direct the daily activities of the Division’s technical staff, including the selection and assignment of staff, managing workload, and conducting training and performance evaluations
- Design, review, and approve system and technical specifications
- Work on project planning and management.
- Use metrics and reporting tools for production analysis and recommend solutions to business problems
- Monitor and approve spending, provide budget input, and evaluate purchase requests
- Maintain a high degree of customer service and satisfaction for all support queries, and adhere to IT management and delivery principles
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A broad technical background with a strong understanding of compute/storage/virtualization technologies
- The ability to work closely with business partners, vendors, and staff to effectively leverage services
- Experience in strategic planning, business service promotion, solutions engineering, and personnel management
- Strong analytical, planning, time management, problem-solving, negotiation, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience with the analysis, design, implementation, and support of data center infrastructure on large complex voice and data networks
- Knowledge and experience working with Cloud based services, service delivery models, and experience with information security tools and frameworks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Following current Public Health Orders and department needs, ISD positions may initially work both remote and as needed on-site, transitioning to a full-time on-site or hybrid remote/on-site schedule when required and allowed.
Please note: This position is required to have access to Sheriff’s Office and Probation Department facilities and/or view data or work with information systems for these departments. This requires that a more extensive “Security Clearance” be performed, after hire, by the Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office. Successful completion of the probationary period will be contingent upon passing the security clearance, that includes a Live Scan fingerprint based check of California Department of Justice (DOJ) and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) criminal records.
This recruitment is being conducted to fill a Network and Data Center Operations Manager position in the ISD. This employment list may also be used to fill future full-time, part-time, or extra-help (temporary) positions as they occur during the active status of the list. Qualified County employees who wish to be considered for future positions should consider applying to this recruitment. The Civil Service title for this position is Information Systems Project Manager.