View job on Handshake
About Us :
NBCUniversal internships are true learning and growth opportunities that help set students up for an exciting future career in media. We are committed to developing early career talent, and we are focused on helping our interns realize their potential and their dreams.
NBCU interns are a diverse and curious community of innovators and trailblazers. They bring their passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with their desire to learn each day. They contribute to our vast and diverse portfolio of businesses in hands-on ways that matter. We provide a program full of opportunities for professional development, leadership exposure, connection, networking, and fun.
While we continuously monitor COVID-19 and its impact, our plan is to host summer internships in both a virtual and in-person format. Opportunities listed will either be in-person (requiring an intern to work from an NBCU office location 3-5 days per week) based on the location mentioned or virtual, depending on business needs.
In addition to all of our internships being paid, we will also offer the following for our Summer 2022 interns:
• Paid company holidays for full-time interns.
• Robust networking, learning and development opportunities for all interns, whether in-person or virtual.
• Financial assistance to offset expenses for transportation and housing may be available on a needs-based basis for eligible in-person interns. More details about eligibility for this assistance will be provided at the time of offer.
Opportunities may include (but are not limited to):
News Digital Data Science
Contribute to the success of NBC News Digital by engaging in every aspect of our big data journey, from creating the right data infrastructure through intensive data modeling to more in-depth aspects of data science analysis. Help us improve our machine learning models by bringing your inquisitive nature and great analytical skills to generate useful insights about our rich datasets while working on a project that impacts millions of users daily.
Application Deadline: Summer Internship postings are live for a limited time only, apply today!
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
Additional Job Requirements
• If selected for an in-person internship, must be willing to work in Seattle, WA.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
Desired Characteristics :
• Students with class standing of junior or above preferred
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Strong interest in the media and/or technology industry
• Ability to multitask and highly organized
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership/projects a plus
For technical roles: Python, R, Pandas, Scikit-learn, SQL
Desired Majors: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Analytics Data Journalism, Information Technology, Programming, Systems Administration, Software Engineering, Statistics
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.