About this Job
The United States Navy and Marine Corps are supported by over 185,000 civilian employees around the world. Approximately 25% of this workforce is highly skilled professionals that perform “cradle to grave” management of ships, aircraft, weapons and computer systems, facilities, and supplies as part of the Navy Acquisition Corps.
Who we are
NAVSEA 05C, which is part of the Naval Systems Engineering Directorate (SEA 05), provides cost engineering and industrial analysis support to the Naval Sea Systems Command. The NAVSEA 05C organizational staff includes over 80 highly professional and motivated engineers, operations research analysts and other technical professionals and administrative staff.
What we do
· Serve as the Command’s, Command-supported PEOs’, and the Navy’s authority in the broad professional field of cost engineering and industrial base analysis for ships, ship-related combat systems, and weapons.
· Assist in the Command decision process for planning, budgeting and acquisition of combatant, amphibious, and auxiliary ships and Navy-designed commercial ships.
· Provide cost-engineering support for formal decision reviews such as Defense Acquisition Board (DAB) review process including Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) studies.
· Participate in contract proposal evaluations and the source selection process for selecting builders and suppliers of ships and weapon systems.
· Conduct economic analyses of ship, combat system, weapons and equipment acquisition to include analysis and forecasting of labor, industrial and technical trends as they impact the overall process. Provide cost and economic analysis in support of industrial base assessments.
· Support life cycle costing of NAVSEA acquisitions and ensure a life cycle perspective in the costing process.
· Prepare independent cost Estimates-At-Completion (EACs) for Major Acquisition Programs and support the development of the statutorily required Independent Cost Estimates (ICEs).
· Provide cost analysis and estimates to other government agencies.
· Serve as coordinator for cost research projects for the Command.
· Serve as coordinator for the Defense Priorities and Allocations System (DPAS) for the Command.
Are you interested in becoming a candidate for an entry-level position in the Naval Acquisition Development Program (NADP) for the Cost Engineering & Industrial Analysis Group. We are currently seeking candidates to join our Washington, DC team using the Naval Acquisition Development Program, a highly selective program which is designed for recent college graduates?
The NADP provides two to three years of training and education tailored to various acquisition career fields, such as Business/Financial Management, Logistics, and Engineering. The program includes structured management training, formal education, diverse rotational assignments, and extensive on-the-job training.
Upon successful completion of the second year program, NADP participants transition to the NAVSEA organization.
How do I qualify for the position(s)?
· Transcripts (unofficial acceptable), and resumes that include employment addresses
· Successful completion of a bachelor’s or higher degree;
- operations research or a degree with at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics and at least 3 of the 24 semester hours are in calculus.
- Engineering degree from an ABET-accredited university
· Attain your degree by July 31 in the year of which you are seeking employment.
· Obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
The NADP is comprised of PAID entry level employees and may be right for you. The program offers an extraordinary opportunity for those that desire to rapidly advance their professional career and feel a sense of pride supporting the mission of the DON. For the right candidate, there are professional working environments, mobility, travel and the opportunity to be associated with acquisition, logistics and technology programs that are vital to our nation and to the support of our Naval Forces. (Please see attached flyer)
We would love to have you work with us to help acquire the finest ships and equipment for Navy in the world. If you are interested in interviewing with us, please forward your updated resume and a copy of your transcripts to email@example.com . Instructions for interviews will be provided for those selected candidates.