Multicultural Business Strategy Intern
Time Frame: Summer 2023
Work Location: Remote or in person
This role is designed to provide hands-on experience to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards of the CUNA Mutual Groups MCOE (Multicultural Center of Expertise). Candidates will have the opportunity to apply what they have learned in a classroom environment while gaining new skills in a dynamic professional setting. The MCOE is responsible for analyzing data to extract customer insights; sharing those insights with internal business units and credit union partners to improve products, services, and revenue; and supporting our DEI efforts by building and nurturing partnerships within and outside the organization.
Candidates will assist members of the MCOE with key initiatives and projects. This role requires analytical acumen, strong story-telling skills, creativity/resourcefulness to solve problems, and a high level of empathy to understand different cultures and viewpoints. The ideal candidate will have a blend of quantitative (stats, math, research) and qualitative (marketing, public speaking, strategy) coursework.
Under the direction of the Director / Sr.Manager of Multicultural Business Strategy, the Multicultural Business Strategy Intern will be responsible for:
· Understanding key demographic trends (race, gender, age, income, etc.) affecting credit unions and other financial institutions.
· Finding, synthesizing, and reporting on multicultural research to help the MCOE function increase what the organization knows about multicultural consumers.
· Gathering, writing and presenting insights about specific credit unions’ demographic membership to support our Credit Union Sales teams.
· Reviewing marketing literature in both English and/or Spanish to ensure cultural sensitivity and customer-friendly language is adequately used.
· Assisting with other key projects as assigned.
· Pursuing a Master’s, Bachelors, or associate degree in business, marketing, finance, data science, or another related field.
· Strong computer (MS Office—Word, Excel, Outlook), analytical, critical thinking, problem- solving, and decision-making skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills are a must, as well as intellectual curiosity and the desire to learn.
· Ability to work independently and have excellent organizational skills.
· The ability to speak/write in Spanish is a plus.