Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, a Siemens Healthineers Company, we bring together the world’s best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions. If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a cloud solutions engineer to help design and develop our cloud-based machine learning platform.
An ideal candidate applying to this role is a software professional with a strong programming background (could be a full-stack software developer) who is passionate about developing cloud infrastructure and building applications to support our ML team. The infrastructure will host data, machine learning and AI experimentation environments and AI training pipelines.
You will be working with a team of developers to support machine learning engineers and AI and data scientists. Your mission is to provide your data scientist and ML engineer colleagues with reliable cloud infrastructure and software tooling.
- Has strong programming background (Python preferred)
- Has experience with using IaC tools such as Terraform and configuration automation tools such as Ansible
- Has robust software engineering skills, and a track record of building custom tools that fit internal needs
- At least 3 years of experience as a software professional at least 1 year of experience supporting machine learning and AI teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields (software engineering or similar)
- Experienced in creating and supporting cloud-native model serving infrastructure (TorchServe, TensorRT)
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related fields (software engineering or similar)
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform as a cloud solutions engineer or DevOps engineer
- Experience in configuration and troubleshooting of AI and machine learning tooling and applications such as Jupyter notebooks, GCP AI Platform, GCP Vertex AI and Ray
- Inspires others: Shares passion for our vision, culture, and opportunity
- Collaborative: Builds partnerships and ensures shared success
- Curious: Motivated by discovery and exploration in research, technology, and solution delivery
- Accountable: Owns and keeps commitments
- Data-driven: Balances data with intuition, embraces an experimental test and learn approach to make informed business decisions
- Results-oriented: Focuses on delivering results not activity
- Business minded: Demonstrates strategic thinking, operational intelligence, and sound judgment
- Courageous: Willing to make hard decisions in service of the business
Varian is required to comply with all local and applicable regulations that may be associated with vaccine requirements for certain roles.