EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, INC. CLIENT ASSOCIATION: Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association (HOPA)
REPORTS TO: Senior Meetings Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: None
STATUS: Exempt (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week)
The Meetings Manager supports the educational initiatives of the association by successful planning and implementation of in-person, virtual and omni-channel association events. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, registration management; live and virtual meeting logistics and operations; site selection; hotel room block management and reporting; management of affiliate event logistics; serving as a primary point of contact for inquiries pertaining to education programs, meetings and other initiatives; and providing support to the Senior Meetings Manager and colleagues.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (minimum 37.5 hours/week)
- Manage, coordinate, and implement all aspects of the registration process including database set up (through iMIS), form processing, payment collection and reporting, and confirmation distribution
- Manage and implement all aspects of registration materials needed including packet creation, bag inserts, bag fulfillment/stuffing, and ship-out with the input from appropriate staff as needed
- Maintain accurate reports for educational activity analysis including registration pace reports, attendee analysis reports, financial and budget comparison reports, etc.
- Coordinate content with the Education team or appropriate staff for distribution of meeting-related broadcast emails (registration and housing deadlines, etc.)
- Monitor the society events email box and respond to inquiries, as needed
- Manage onsite registration desk at live events, as needed
- Serve as the primary source of meeting information for member and delegate inquiries
- Manage the development of staff operations schedules and operations manuals for live events
- Develop and implement ship-out (timelines and processes) for all live meetings and activities
- Develop staff training materials for onsite teams staffing of live meetings and activities
- Manage the development and production of all onsite meeting signage for regional programs and other events, as needed.
- Assist the staff with travel arrangements, as needed
- Assist in the budget develop and monitoring of live events finances as well as provide appropriate tracking and trending reports.
- Assist the Senior Meetings Manager with virtual event platform sourcing, vendor selection, virtual experience design and virtual event environment building
- Maintain accurate reports for analysis of live events including attendance pace reports, budget comparison reports, etc.
- Manage the meeting supply inventory
- With assistance from colleagues, maintain the competing meetings calendar
- Stay updated on new technologies, best practices, and meeting industry trends
- Monitor current news and regularly report findings to the Senior Meetings Manager
- Assist the Senior Manager with processing invoices and monitoring the department budget
- Develop, maintain, and provide regular status updates on project timelines
- Other duties as assigned
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Qualifications – Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills required. Word processing and spreadsheet skills in MS Office environment essential. Professional demeanor and attention to detail necessary including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Travel of up to 4 weeks per year
- Some evening and weekend work as needed
- Occasional lifting, up to 50 pounds
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and dedicated weekly days in the office are a requirement of the role.