View job on Handshake
Teneo is a global CEO advisory firm. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other global corporations.
Integrating the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, digital advisory, diversity & inclusion, management consulting, physical & cyber risk advisory, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, political risk advisory, and talent advisory, Teneo solves for the most complex business challenges and opportunities.
The Media Analyst supports and informs Teneo client teams with analysis and monitoring of traditional and social media research projects and analysis. S/he will be integrated into client teams, supervised by senior account managers and responsible for translating media coverage into business insights. In addition to daily and issues-based real-time media monitoring, Media Analysts help to identify and/or research new business opportunities. Media Analysts should be highly motivated and dedicated individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit and keen critical thinking skills.
Media Analysts are expected to remain in the position for 12 to 18 months. After this time, successful Media Analysts move into roles within our Strategy & Communication, Management Consulting, Risk or Capital teams.
- Monitor traditional and social media for clients, competitors and related events using a variety of inputs and tools
- Compile daily media reports, analyze and summarize coverage and flag important articles and issues to client teams in real-time
- Analyze social media conversations, events and trends and be able to translate this analysis into succinct business insights
- Ensure daily reports and ongoing monitoring is delivered on a timely basis
- Provide client team support, attend internal meetings to gain understanding of the key issues and seek feedback from account leaders on a regular basis
- Conduct in-depth research on topics of importance to clients
- Create research briefings on specific topic areas and issues
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Teneo’s values (Quality, Integrity, Respect, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Mutual Benefits) and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- Critical thinkers who are eager to learn, detail-oriented and possess strong research, writing and analytical skills
- Team players with ability to juggle multiple assignments and work in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge and interest in current events, capital markets
- A basic understanding of social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Experience with media databases and social media analytics tools is a plus (e.g. Factiva, Gorkana, Tveyes, Cision, Brandwatch, Factiva, etc.)
- Suggested work experience: 0-2 years’ experience
- Able and willing to work early mornings, starting at 6:00/6:30am to start media monitoring, when necessary.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent