Manages the supply of Materials to meet the production plan and target inventory levels to ensure operational and production continuity. Ability to deliver efficient, effective and flexible solutions to meet production requirements. Maintains strong relationships both internally and externally to ensure supply of materials meets requirements. Assumes a leading role in the management of inventory.
Responsibilities will include:
- Execute Purchase Orders to schedule supply of materials to meet production requirements and target inventory levels
- Manages Raw Materials and Packaging Component inventories ensuring their availability for production schedules while maintaining the correct inventory levels.
- Day-to-Day order management and management of deliveries.
- Support supplier relationships and coordinate with procurement on continuous improvement of the supplier base
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate planning strategies for delivery of materials from vendor to point of use.
- Assess minimum order quantities against planning assumptions.
- Understand and manage risks to minimize impact on production schedules
- Investigate and implement corrective actions for material shortages impacting production.
- Monitor the integrity of Bill of Materials.
- Create and maintain semi-finished good and finished good boms
- Support and coordinate material changes to ensure accurate demand planning requirements, change initiatives, and compliance.
- Assists in the coordination and activities involved in new product introductions, Artwork changes and Batch Record creation.
- Utilization of Operational Excellence Methodologies to identify and improve product supply, inventory management, resource utilization, and or planning tools.
- Support Inventory checks to validate inventory accuracy
- Minimize obsolete stock.
- Confirm date of manufacturing and artwork for all production orders
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong knowledge and practical experience of production, inventory and planning systems currently deployed in Zoetis including but not confined to SAP, SNP, and PWS.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience in utilizing analytical tools, spreadsheets and databases to develop reports for strategic planning and communication.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment to meet short and long term objectives.
- Ability to conceptualize, analyze and implement new methodologies in support of improving customer service, inventory management, and business alignment.
- Demonstrated ability to function and influence in a team matrix environment and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of Right First Time and Lean Manufacturing concepts and principles preferred
- APICS training preferred
- Project Management Experience preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree preferred in Management, Business Administration or related disciplines applicable to Supply Chain Management, Information Technology, or Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Materials Management, and/or Marketing.
- Green belt certification
- Experience in lean six sigma, value stream mapping, visual management, etc.