Entry level Material Planner will be primarily responsible for planning and managing availability/inventory levels for assigned materials and/or commodities. Primary objective is to help the Supply Chain team achieve schedule conformance and support the timely delivery of materials to stock room.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Support the Materials Planning team in various capacities such as forecasting, inventory
management, data analysis, report development, and master data maintenance.
2. Ensure timely/accurate Bill of Materials within SAP; help identify and manage BOM errors, and support alignment of Engineering Change Orders to the BOM in the ERP system.
3. Interface with Buyers, Engineers, and Manufacturing Engineers to develop Material transition plans, and support Honda Aircraft’s vision to continuously improve products.
4. Assist in identifying and resolving supply chain issues that may preclude our ability to
manufacture and deliver Aircrafts per the Master Production Schedule.
5. Periodically review material consumption to optimize procurement parameters, adjust re-order points, and safety stocks based on the Materials planning strategy. Ensuring the order levels are always in support of the consumption pattern.
6. Understand the business process, software and data available within the various systems in
order to query, problem solve and analyze performance of the department against its objectives.
7. Support the Trade Compliance team in various capacities in a backup role such as auditing,
record keeping, reporting, and general duties related to compliance.
8. Assists other procurement staff with identified projects and programs as required
Education, Work Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
1. Recently graduated or graduating student with strong academic performance
2. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain/ Logistics or Industrial Engineering, or a combination of bachelor’s education in relevant field and experience gained through co-op, internships, or projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Good understanding of MRP fundamentals,
2. High level of analytical ability with exposure to database concepts.
3. Proficient in Excel functions and other Microsoft Applications.
4. Exposure to ERP and Reporting software systems desired.
5. APICS CPIM certified or working towards one upon employment.