RESEARCH ANALYST – Chicago, IL
We are seeking a highly motivated, insanely detail-oriented, progress-obsessed individual to join us as a Research Analyst. As our business expands, there will be no limit to continued growth opportunities within the Analytics team and the broader organization.
As a Research Analyst, you will be the engine that drives decision-making and recommendations within our internal team and to our clients. This role requires the ability to balance deep-dive, thorough investigation of quantitative and scanner (sales) data, but with the critical application of logic: “does this make sense?” Your analysis and recommendations will incorporate the perspective of the shopper, consumer-packaged goods (CPG) manufacturer, and retailer lens.
We look for exceptionally responsible and productive talent who have an insatiable thirst for knowledge, process improvement, and personal growth. We offer a highly flexible working environment to enable you to both grow professionally and enjoy what life has to offer.
Experience in data analytics is a must. Fluency in the consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry and market research is a major plus. Desire to learn, credible communication skills, and the tenacity to “figure it out” are all must-haves.
• Lead the programing and quality assurance of our highly sophisticated research
• Monitor the fielding process and make real-time decisions for their successful completion
• Curate and publish our proprietary reports with the aid of automated analytics and report building processes
• Develop category inclusion recommendations using a variety of techniques, incorporating the shopper, manufacturer, and retailer perspectives for use in our syndicated research model
• Analyze annual scanner data (e.g. IRI) to help define category subscriptions and identify the representative SKUs
• Develop shopper navigation and shelving strategy expertise for your portfolio of categories
• Support the development of our massive visual database of package designs for use in tracking and research execution
• Work with product development to help develop automation that can improve efficiency, job satisfaction, and scalability
• Own end-to-end research execution: input development, data collection, analysis, interpretation, and delivery
• Champion meta analyses across categories, publish findings via whitepapers, blog posts, and industry presentations
• Contribute to special cross-functional projects that advance the company’s field operations, process automation, marketing, and new product development
• Help establish the operations model for global expansion
• Proven market research and/or scanner data analysis experience
• Strong analytical and critical thinking
• Ability to understand, absorb, and interpret a broad array of disparate data with an uncanny ability to ‘connect the dots’
• Propensity for switching gears quickly, turning on left-and right-sides of the brain when appropriate
• Strong empathy for your clients and colleagues
• Credible and persuasive communication skills
• Advanced experience with MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
• Familiarity with shopper psychology and shopper decision trees
• Adequate knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys, etc.)
• Working knowledge of data warehousing
• BS degree in Statistics, Marketing or related field
• ROLE: Full-time
• REPORTS TO: Vice President of Analytics
• BENEFITS: Company health plan, unlimited PTO
• LOCATION: Chicago
Designalytics provides the industry’s first system for monitoring the performance of CPG package designs.
Subscription-based analytics and “always-on” tracking enable brands to manage designs more proactively— with significantly less effort and expense than custom research solutions.
The team behind Designalytics is a smart, passionate, fun family of innovators. We work in the space between creativity and analysis with skill and respect for both disciplines. We are fast-growing and always looking for top talent who want more than a job, they want to make a permanent impact on an entire industry.
Learn more about us at www.designalytics.com
Job Type: Full-time