The SRS Distribution Inc. Management Training Program is designed to be a hands-on program, where you will learn and make contributions on your first day! You will have full access to everyone at the branch, while mentored by a team of people, even up to your Senior VP. Your goal is to learn all aspects of our business, culture, and core values, so that you can rise to the position of Branch Manager and beyond. We have a dedicated Talent Management team working with you and your mentors so that your experience is like no other in the industry.
Looking for smart, hard-working candidates with the following criteria and interests:
· Will relocate for training and promotions to advance career. 50% of this training program would be based out of one of our 60 locations selected to host an MIT and the second half would be completed at another location. You would also relocate for promotion out of the program.
· Bachelor’s degree with strong academic achievements and work ethic.
· Ready for a hands-on, in depth 8 to 18-month program at a branch or a group of branches.
· Interest in managing a multimillion-dollar operation or a sales role.
· Career Path: Operations Manager, Assistant Branch Manager, Branch Manager, or Territory Manager
The “MIT” program:
Management Trainees will be hands-on from day one as you learn every position in the branch. Other training will consist of individual coaching, conference calls, webinars, online courses, product demonstrations, webinars and one week of training class in Dallas, TX a few months after you start. At corporate, you will meet the people who support and our executive team, learn valuable information from industry legends, and add key sales and management skills to help you shine. It’s here where you will also meet other Management Trainees from across the US.
The Management Trainee Program is designed to last approximately 8 to 18 months. Each person and experience is different and the suggested assignments and timelines may vary. You will gain knowledge and experience regarding how to manage a multimillion-dollar SRS distribution center, by mastering the following subject areas such as; product knowledge, software, fleet maintenance, safety, warehouse operations, human resources (people management and recruiting), financial performance, sales administration, pricing, supply chain, transportation, and sales.
Your goal is to be promoted to an Operations Manager or Assistant Branch Manager first, or right into managing a small branch as a Branch Manager. As a Branch Manager, you will act like a CEO and manage and grow a branch of your own by developing your people; building relationships with your staff, customers, and vendors; creating a plan for your branch; forecasting and managing a budget; selling our products; and being a visible member in the community. All with the support of a strong management team and a supportive corporate staff. You will be required to work smart and have fun along the way.
We look for:
· Outstanding people in possession of a bachelor’s degree by summer of 2022. We prefer a degree in Business, Industrial Distribution, Supply Chain, Finance, Management, Operations, Construction Management, or similar major.
· People open to relocate to multiple cities to train and then again for promotions.
· Work experiences with a notably strong work ethic and exceptional references. Work experience that shows your interest in management or distribution will help you stand out with us.
· Academic record and aptitude for learning.
· Skills: computer, strategy, organization, time management, and communication skills.
· Roles in leadership positions and/or teams in school and at work.
· Personable people who have built strong and lasting relationships with others.
· Embrace the mindset of the “Make Money, Have Fun and Give Back!” culture.
· Have a valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record, and reliable transportation.
· Authorized to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship for any length of time.
· Able to pass criminal and driving background check and a pre-employment drug test.