At CMS, we believe that at the core of our organization are the employees that carry out the Agency’s vision of advancing health equity, expanding coverage, and improving health outcomes.
This position will be in direct support of the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022. This new law allows Medicare to negotiate drug prices, caps out-of-pocket spending for prescription drugs in Medicare, and gives more Americans access to affordable health insurance coverage at HealthCare.gov.
About the role:
As a Management Analyst, you will perform a variety of analytical assignments utilizing qualitative and quantitative analysis to review and evaluate administrative operations and management practices for the purpose of improving organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
$47,097 – $74,074 per year. This is the BASE salary for this position. Final pay will be determined by experience and locality.
What you’ll do:
- Identifies and analyzes issues, problems, and challenges facing the organization; formulates and evaluates possible courses of action for resolving them; draws conclusions based on relevant facts; and recommends solutions to management.
- Individually or as a team member, participates in surveys, studies and other investigations of management practices and administrative operations to determine the adequacy of present systems and to improve organizational operations.
- Develops policies, guidelines, instructions, and procedures for administrative and management requirements.
- Compiles data and prepares complex administrative and management reports that are mandated from higher echelons in the organization and/or the Department.
- Serves as a contracting officer’s technical representative or works with subject matter experts in the development of grant and contract documents.
Where we’re hiring:
This is a remote position; however, the position reports to a CMS Office on a periodic basis (e.g. 1-2 times per year). Requirements to report to the office will vary and can be discussed at the time of interview.
Experience we’re looking for:
(1) Researching or collecting data regarding policies or procedures for administrative operations; (2) coordinating with internal or external stakeholders on action items, inquiries, correspondence or to resolve issues; and (3) preparing, drafting, proofing or formatting administrative documents or correspondence.
– OR –
Substitution of Education for Experience: You may substitute education for specialized experience at the GS-09 level by possessing a Master’s or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related to the position being filled.
– OR –
Combination of Experience and Education: Only graduate education in excess of the amount required for the GS-07 grade level may be used to qualify applicants for positions at the grade GS-09. Therefore, only education in excess of 1 full year of graduate level education may be used to combine education and experience.
You MUST apply through USAJOBS to be considered.
Come see why over 6,000 employees say CMS is their employer of choice! In addition to dynamic and exciting opportunities, CMS offers generous compensation and benefits programs, an outstanding work-life balance, and most important, the opportunity to give back to your community, state and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. For more information about careers at CMS, visit: https://www.cms.gov/ira-careers
Apply by 11/29/22!