This position exists to support permitting programs with their need to flow data from the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) databases to Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) database, and permitting especially smaller programs such as Stormwater, Feedlots, and 401 Certification. This position will support assigned programs with their efforts to meet EPA’s e-reporting requirements and help support ongoing maintenance of those services for all permitting efforts. This position will support programs in analyzing processes and data management to successfully flow data from MPCA databases to EPA, developing and documenting the information for each flow, and making the necessary changes to flow the data. This position will be responsible for the continual monitoring and maintenance of assigned data flows.
This position will also work with the permitting function lead and others in the Unit by supporting the permitting processes for the programs mentioned. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring governance of assigned reference data and assisting the development and maintenance of online system development for assigned programs. The incumbent is also responsible for ensuring consistency of data and processes across assigned programs and recommending improvements in Tempo configuration and Online Services to support these needs. This position is also responsible for maintaining assigned reference tables, including data analysis, and managing issues in the Unit’s tracking system (Remedy).
Candidates must clearly demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Three years of professional data management /analysis experience to include querying and reporting of data for large data bases, project planning, implementation, management, and identifying and measuring outcomes with records management experience. A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field will substitute for one year of experience. (Experience must include analyzing and documenting business processes and requirements, defining customer goals, identifying potential use of applications, and applying and adapting specialized software to specific business needs with records management experience.)
- Communication skills sufficient to effectively facilitate process improvement efforts, present to groups, and transmit written information to a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of environmental data systems and strategic directions to support its programs within the system.
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulatory framework and their applicability to data projects.
- Problem-solving skills sufficient to capture business needs and recommend adjustments based on data analysis.
- Permitting and/or compliance and enforcement experience.
- Organizational skills to balance several efforts simultaneously and ensure projects are completed timely.
Why Work For Us
Our mission is to protect and improve the environment and human health. We work with many partners (citizens, communities, and businesses, all levels of government, environmental groups and educators) to prevent pollution, conserve resources, and to help ensure polluting does not have disproportionate impact on any groups of people. We emphasize work-life balance with flex schedules, compressed schedules, and options to telework for some positions.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year. Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.