Maintenance Supervisors at Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) work at Maintenance Operations supervising crews in the field performing a variety of construction and/or asset management operations. This posting is for (4) four open Supervisor positions in the Environmental Systems, Maintenance Construction, & Street Systems divisions.
What you’ll get to do:
- Supervise and evaluate crews and the work they are involved in. The supervisor is directly responsible for ensuring the safety of their staff and the public
- Meet program targets, complying with city standards, and guarantee overall quality control
- Track labor, materials, equipment, and other resources to manage costs and be efficient
- Communicate with stakeholders when work is going to be done in their area
- Coordinate with other bureaus, utilities, and other entities who perform work in the right-of-way
- Lead emergency response crews during inclement weather events and disasters
- Lead projects, programs, and city-wide initiatives
The incumbent is considered an essential employee and is a member of the bureau’s 24-hour response team that may require after-hour, evening, weekend, and holiday emergency response.