View job on Handshake
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
The Data Management team at SAS is looking to hire a Machine Learning developer to help us architect, design, and incorporate analytical techniques, including machine learning algorithms, into our data management product suite. We are looking for a software developer with a strong machine learning background and a good knowledge of statistics to implement machine learning applications to enhance our data management products. You will be designing, developing and maintaining software involving various techniques such as machine learning, data mining, and predictive modeling.
In this position, you will be responsible for designing models and building applications that will enhance our data management software offering that is leveraged by a wide variety of customers across many industries. You will serve as an expert to our division in the areas of data science and machine learning. You will stay at the forefront of machine learning techniques and data mining methodology, identify appropriate algorithms, and incorporate these methods into our products. You will also collaborate with other data scientists both within the company and externally to stay abreast of the latest technology advances and techniques in machine learning, large scale data mining, and predictive modeling and help to incorporate those capabilities and that knowledge into our products.
Duties include researching of statistical methodology and computational algorithms; the architecture and design of software for machine learning and data mining; programming and testing of modules; authoring user documentation and papers to communicate the best use of the software; presenting to professional audiences about the product and analytical methods; communicating with other SAS professional staff in Development, Testing, Technical Support, Education, Marketing, and other departments; and performing other tasks as assigned.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, data science, analytics, operations research, computer science or related field
- Experience in software development using machine learning and/or data modeling algorithms and techniques
- Strong background in machine learning and data science using varied data sources
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to haves
- Experience developing enterprise-quality software
- Experience with software development in at least one computer programming language such as Java, Python, SAS
- Experience using machine learning techniques to solve big data challenges
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Location: Cary HQ or Remote (Flexible on location)
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it – and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
In order to work at SAS, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.