View job on Handshake
We are seeking a hardworking and detail-oriented individual to join the Clinical and Educational Services department in Largo, FL as a Logistics Specialist. The Logistics Specialist will be responsible for performing essential functions within the Clinical and Educational Services warehouse and Learning Center, in the areas of inventory management, warehouse operations, and preparing equipment required for on-site and field-based events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for warehouse operations and inventory tracking for the Clinical and Educational Services department.
- Work closely with our Logistics Coordinator to maintain warehouse flow areas and organizational structure, inventory tracking systems, and security of assets.
- Pull and stage equipment, samples, and lab supplies needed to support educational courses, R&D labs, exhibits, and sales training meetings.
- Communicate with Clinical Specialists and Supervisor to ensure orders are placed in alignment with the scheduled needs.
- Perform budget analysis on the returned items to determine event sample usage.
- Document and process all needed repairs on capital and reusable items.
- Maintain understanding of sports medicine surgical procedures and how CONMED products and required general instruments are used in those procedures.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders regarding equipment needs and logistics to support CONMED education events cross-divisionally and globally.
- Maintain inventory levels and functionality of lab equipment, including endoscopy, resection, power, sports medicine, and general lab instruments.
- Keep current on all new CONMED product. Integrate new products into existing inventory upon availability.
- Prepare, test, and set-up equipment needed at surgical workstations to ensure equipment and instrumentation is available in advance of lab events.
- Prepare and position cadaveric tissue needed for surgical skills training. Maintain chain of custody on all human tissue used and ensure proper documentation practices are followed. Ensure tissue is handled ethically and used in accordance with the tissue provider’s terms of agreement and donor consent form.
- Drive process improvements in warehouse to ensure sustainability and scalability.
- Rebuild, test, and ship mobile lab systems for field-based Surgeon Education activity.
- Coordinate additional product needs with Clinical Specialist team to ensure all needed items are at the location when needed.
- Work Experience: 0-3 years work experience in a related field.
- Education: A college or technical degree preferred.
- Physical: Required to work flexible schedule, extended hours, and weekends. Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds. Must be comfortable working in a surgical/cadaveric lab setting. Travel up to 5% required.
This position is not eligible for employer based visa sponsorship.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent healthcare including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Short & long term disability plus life insurance — cost paid fully by CONMED
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K) — company match dollar for dollar up to 7%
- Employee stock purchase plan — allows stock purchases at discounted price
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate level courses