View job on Handshake
As a Logistics Management Trainee, you will participate in a 4-week paid-training course packed with industry-specific educational content delivered through instructor-led training, situational simulations, web-based training, and a highly interactive hands-on Mentorship. Each Logistics Management Trainee is provided a solid foundation to succeed in the hyper-growth industry of Transportation & Supply Chain Management!
“ITS invests in us with training and support that really helps you grow—both professionally, and personally.”
Dominic Panelli, Sr. Expedited Manager
Upon completion of the 4-week Logistics Management Training Program, you become a Logistics Management Executive and are responsible for developing and maintaining carrier relationships, offering custom, sometimes out-of-the-box transportation solutions that exceed our customers’ needs, while delivering outstanding service. Logistics Management Executives work within a team to ensure our loads and carriers are tracking accurately and safe, while also always optimizing business needs. Reporting to one of our Division Managers (who most likely started out as a Logistics Management Trainee themselves), you will have the chance to enroll in additional Management Training modules and other industry-specific extended study programs as your career at ITS Logistics progresses. The goal is to develop our Logistics Management Executives into leadership roles.
· Independently develop new carrier relationships
· Negotiate Rates
· Meet established margin and budget targets
· Provide clear and proactive communication to our customers and carriers, ensuring all business requirements are understood and being met
· Take accountability in ensuring each job is being completed to the requirements communicated and drive results through others
· Facilitate any tracking, tracing, or reporting required
· Problem resolution
· Other duties as assigned
Industry experience is not required! Our ideal candidate will have a strong competitive spirit and be accustomed with working in a very fast paced environment. We’re looking for that special candidate who is assertive, team oriented and is motivated by monetary success and professional growth and recognition! Additional attributes we seek include:
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· 1-2 years professional experience preferred
· Growth and Sales Oriented
· Energetic, positive attitude
· Excellent relationship building skills
· Ability to positively respond and adjust to constructive feedback
· Problem solving and analytical skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Suite, with intermediate to advanced Excel skills
· Skilled at prioritizing tasks effectively and efficiently
· Strong work ethic
Our associates enjoy a strong sense of teamwork, community, and career growth. We actively seek team members who will add value to the business and strength to our culture. Treating others with respect and compassion is at the core of the ITS philosophy. We provide a safe and positive working environment for our employees and offer opportunities to grow, both personally and professionally. This belief also extends to our community, where we work to provide economic stability through quality employment opportunities and give back whenever we can.
Competitive base salary of $35,000-$45,000 DOE plus uncapped commission. On average, our Logistics Management Executives earn $85,000 in total compensation in their first 12 months of employment after training. Relocation Reimbursements are offered. A comprehensive multi-tiered benefits plan is included, as well as paid time off, a matching 401k and unique wellness perks!
Job Type: Full-time