View job on Handshake
Click “apply externally” to view full job description.
The Army Fellows Program is a two-year fellowship as a federal civilian. We hire fellows as permanent, full-time employees with full pay and benefits. Guaranteed placement is offered after the fellowship for those who meet requirements. Fellows enter the program at the paygrade of GS-7, receive a promotion to GS-9 after one year, and promote to a GS-11 after two years. More information about government pay can be found here: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2022/general-schedule/.
We are seeking driven, high-performing teammates, and we will provide opportunities to apply your talent to make a positive difference through meaningful work. You’ll also learn and grow through a structured but flexible two-year developmental program that accounts for your existing knowledge, skills, behaviors, and preferences and for your career field’s professional competencies.
- Successfully complete Army Logistics course requirements. Supply, Maintenance and Transportation Courses will be taught at the Army Logistics University, Fort Lee, VA.
- Integrate and synchronize sustainment functions to provide support and services.
- Plan and scheduling transportation of personnel, equipment and supplies.
- Tracking movement of material by synchronizing the use of all modes of transportation.
- Assist in planning, estimating and expediting manpower, machines and materiel in the repair and fabrication of equipment and supplies.
- Solving problems identified during the design, production and initial deployment of equipment.
- Assist in coordinating and overseeing distribution of new equipment to Army units worldwide.
- Assist in obtaining and expediting material to support emergency operations.
- Analyzing and forecasting requirements for materiel and determining solutions.
- Assist in the planning and budgeting to support Army requirements.
Incumbents will complete approximately 12-13 months of training at Fort Lee, Virginia, after which time, they will be reassigned to Fort Gordon, GA, or another location based on organization needs. Class date is tentatively scheduled for March 13th, 2023.
*Other locations are also available. Please see the “Jobs” section on our profile to learn more.*