View job on Handshake
Lead, Operations Support Coordinator (Finance
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Operations Support Lead will be responsible for enhancing operations initiatives by leading the Operations Support team and Finance activities at the manufacturing plant.
- Set direction, mentor, coach, and communicate with Direct Reports – a (seasonal) Grower Support Coordinator, and a (seasonal) Production Recorder.
- Support plant with capital projects, fixed asset activities, and routine inventory discussions.
- During non-peak season, reconcile production scans from Proficy with production paperwork, verify inventory, and create unplanned batches; train and assist the production recording clerk as needed during season.
- Responsible for ensuring production recording and inventory systems are functioning and accurate.
- Lead weekly variance reviews to identify and resolve any inventory issues as they arise.
- Support all plant costing/general accounting needs.
- Prepare strawberry assessments reports and payments.
- May be responsible to report and respond to miscellaneous requests from government agencies.
- May support or conduct monthly and quarterly audits.
- Serve as a liaison between Financial Services and Operations. May provide support and data gathering around cost center spend (including labor), variances and projects as needed; may provide support to cost center owners.
- Responsibilities may include setting up blanket purchase orders and working with all Oxnard suppliers, coding of invoices, indirect PO’s, and handling direct material purchases.
- Responsible for processing check requests and submitting team credit card statements for approval.
- Upload journal entries for End of Month reporting.
- Responsible to maintain Grower contracts and related spreadsheets, including Monthly CSC and PSAB reporting; weekly reconciliation, PSAB advanced reconciliation, strawberry pricing, pack out graphs, terms tracking and 5-year history pivot tables.
- Along with other administrative duties, this position will have primary responsibility of ordering and maintaining office supplies, and licenses and permits.
- Provide BRC audit preparation and assistance for assigned key elements.
- Monitor & approve direct report time, time off (vacation, personal, etc.).
- May assist with monthly GMP inspections, follow up, and review findings during SQMS meetings.
- Responsible for taking and disseminating weekly SQMS meeting minutes.
- Will work with the HR team to ensure adequate reception desk coverage between the two teams.
- May be required to drive to the postal annex to complete mail/shipping transactions, as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- At least 5 years of related business experience is required
- Eagerness to learn and grow in the areas of products, payroll, and operations.
- Ability to work well and maintain strong business relationships with other departments, outside suppliers and other business partners to deliver against business/organization goals.
- Ability to build strong relationships, collaborate and work across multi-functional and discipline boundaries in a dynamic, multi-project environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability and desire to work independently.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office and Supply Planning System
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills are required
- Strong analytical skills and ability to troubleshoot and solve complex problems to root cause
- Demonstrate ability to be decisive, proactive and strategic in decision making